Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:58 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite Firmware Update V5.04.05

Page 2 of 2    
CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 03:06am 30 Aug 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

flip said   Hi all,
[Threadjack]
As a matter of forum etiquette,

<snip>

[/Threadjack]

Phil

I think you are ok. Some of the largest and most enjoyable threads have meandered a bit.

Most folks here seem pretty chilled and although I also like to send bug reports as PM (don't like to do laundry in public) there are limitations and as no-one here seems "judgey" it helps if others can focus and refine such reports - which are usually in my own code

"we all began as something else" - The PurifierEdited by CaptainBoing 2017-08-31

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 04:52am 30 Aug 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

fyi, i believe geoff is away camping in northern WA at the moment, out of internet range.

cheers,
rob :-)

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 12:45am 01 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, just dropped into range (but will be out of range after this for the next week).

I think that the best place for bug reports is in this forum. I say that because sometimes others can jump in and clarify the situation - in some magic cases they also found the fault in the source. It is the case of more eyes and minds on the problem the better.

This particular problem might have already been found and will be fixed in the upcoming V5.04.06. In my bug list it is described thus:
  Quote  An issue which could corrupt a string that is returned by a function and that function is used in the argument list for another function

So hopefully this one will be fixed soon. The workaround for now is to save the return value from the function in a string variable then use that variable in the argument list for the next function.

Geoff

P.S. I do hate bugs, they are flaws in what should be a perfectly working system. But I also love bug reports, because they point to another unsightly bug to be eradicated. The first versions of MMBasic were a nightmare of bugs but with many, many bug reports from people on the TBS the bugs have been mostly fixed. These days most bugs come from some new feature - which is a good argument for not adding features. Edited by Geoffg 2017-09-02
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024