Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:01 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : 0.96" Display Question...

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 09:39am 05 Jul 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Gent's...

I have never designed a 0.96" into an MX170 based project before, so, wondering if I got the facts straight before getting the CAD part for DEX created. The display I looked at has a 30 pin interface with SSD1306 driver, but should be able to operate in SPI or IIC mode.?? Peter Mather has a C-function code for SPI or IIC operation...

Not sure about this yet, so If anyone has more info on displays they have used and the correct way to wire the interface to the MM would be most helpful.!! The Info I have doesn't go into details... I found it at AliExpress for about $2.50, but, it's "just the display"... Not mounted to a PCB... I want to fit it directly to the my PCB...

Anyway, any feedback on this would be much appreciated..!!

Edit: I found the data sheet PDF on the SSD1306 controller - head scratching time..
Edit: The datasheet does explain the proper pin-outs needed for the interface...
P.S. Also found 128x64 and 96x16 displays using the same controller, SPI and I2C
Awesome... I like the selection... (displays not mounted to a PCB)
Edited by Zonker 2017-07-07

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024