Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:19 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : E-28 distance & microtiming

Alastair

Posted: 02:45pm 01 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have built a number of projects using the MM+ backpack and E-100 and found them excellent. Recently I had a small project which was part of a larger group of modules logging data and now sending them to a MM+BP base station.

I was going to use a MM+ module but decided it was overkill and tried an E-28 from RicTech "across the pond". What a great little board.

The E-28 logs data from 6 sensors connected to various parts of my solar HW system + the time and then sends it to the base MM+ via HC-12 when instructed. The base will also poll 2 other stations on different channels. Have tested it and it works after some fiddle - mainly giving the HC-12 plenty of time after switching channels.

I decided to add an ultrasonic module to measure the water depth in my rainwater tanks. I rearranged the pin usage and ended up with 2 available for the u/s sensor - every pin now used. Went to modify the s/w and found the distance command is not available on the E-28. The standard timing is in milliseconds and since I need to measure times around 2 to 12 msec (full to empty) I am not going to get much precision.

Rather than start a journey of discovery as to how to access the cpu clock to get microsecond timing, I decided to ask here rather than do my normal approach of spending days on what I am sure has already been done by others.

So - what is the best way to get finer timing or does someone have a Csub implementation of the distance command that I can put in the library?

cheers

Cheers, Alastair

jman

Guru

Posted: 03:50pm 01 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi
The distance command is availble as CFunction. There is PDF called Distance.pdf in the embedded C Modules folder of the firmware download.

Regards
Jman

Alastair

Posted: 04:14pm 01 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jman,
well there you go. I never did look at all the stuff that was in the download just the hex I needed.

Lots of you clever folks 'across the pond'

Thank you
Edited by Alastair 2017-09-03
Cheers, Alastair

Alastair

Posted: 04:33pm 01 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Brilliant - it works just like a bought one.

Hours saved just by asking.

thanks
Edited by Alastair 2017-09-03
Cheers, Alastair

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:54am 02 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Alastair said  ....and tried an E-28 from RicTech "across the pond". What a great little board.

To be fair, it was Robert Rozee's idea, I just helped him with the board layout.
His idea to do it that way, make it that small, and have the features it has.

Just to make sure credit is directed to him, as the E28 was his puppy, really. Edited by Grogster 2017-09-03
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

lizby
Guru

Posted: 02:11am 03 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  To be fair, it was Robert Rozee's idea, I just helped him with the board layout.
His idea to do it that way, make it that small, and have the features it has.

Just to make sure credit is directed to him, as the E28 was his puppy, really.

To quote T.S. Eliot, "Between the idea And the reality, Between the motion And the act Falls the Shadow" (or in this case, perhaps "Rises the Smoke"). Kudos to both for the great idea and implementation.

PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

GoodToGo!

Posted: 12:30pm 03 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Grogs, do you have any of the -1A's left?

Cheers,

GTG!
...... Don't worry mate, it'll be GoodToGo!

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 05:42pm 03 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you mean the QFN ones, no. I might be able to find my test unit, but I don't have any pre assembled 1A's, as the QFN idea was dropped pretty quickly!

I probably have 1A PCB's left if you were REALLy keen.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

GoodToGo!

Posted: 06:01pm 03 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said   If you mean the QFN ones, no. I might be able to find my test unit, but I don't have any pre assembled 1A's, as the QFN idea was dropped pretty quickly!

I probably have 1A PCB's left if you were REALLy keen.

PM coming your way!

GTG!
...... Don't worry mate, it'll be GoodToGo!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024