Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:35 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : PCB Manufacturing : Autotrax DEX Q & A

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:19am 13 May 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,

I know there are quite a few members of TBS using DEX,

Whilst the main forum for DEX support is forum.kov.com I would like to open up this thread for people to ask questions and provide answers to others as well.

I also see that we can share parts that we have created with each other here as well.

Whilst I do not profess to be an expert I have been using DEX for a while and am prepared to help if I can.

I also wish to create a PCB from start to finish and try to show here how to go about doing so.

Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

plover

Guru

Posted: 03:23am 13 May 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

bigmick
I did buy a copy of DEX at the favorable price. I am coming from Protel some 10 years ago when I started bailing out making my own circuits as hobby. The board production was the main factor too costly in time and money.

DEX however kindled my interest to a degree, now have installed it on a laptop that suddenly was available for a few weeks with sacrificial Win 7 32 bit. I have managed to open the program and be suitably overwhelmed with the number of Icons.

Having viewed a few of the videos available I am sold, but also aware of the time needed to come up to speed and efficiency.

As a simple circuit I have in mind (one I made many years ago very rudimentary but a pcb) Analogue Devices AD591 two legged temperature sensor, 1 microAmp per degree K.

Needs 272 mV offset to start at 0 deg C and then the aim was 10 mV per degree C going to the Digital Multimeter to read out in deg C, ie 1V would be 100 deg C.

Input connection, normal header pins?
Output connection to DVM, banan metal parts to fit the DVM spacing ?
Somehow a 9 V battery might be involved or coincell??

As the device produces 1 microA per /deg C a resistor combination to trim to the 273 mV at 0 deg/C

Then a few resistors (trimpot perhaps) to get the 273 mW reference off set.

Well just to kick off the start, I can however see there may be many more deserving examples.

I will see if I can manage a schematic, I did play with placing a few symbols and draw lines, probably the schematic I can just about manage over the weekend. Edited by plover 2016-05-14

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:31am 13 May 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Plover,

Do you have a schematic/pictures of anything? It could be of interest..

As the Banana Jacks are not a standard part I can go through the process of creating one and possibly adding a 3D image from one of the 3D download sites available.

Hmm..

Kind Regards,

Mick

EDIT ***

I would rather not have this thread cluttered with design suggestions, it makes it difficult for someone to locate something they are looking for.. Please use PM or the thread I started in the microcontroller forum

Micro Forum Thread

Kind Regards,

MickEdited by bigmik 2016-05-14
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024