Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:24 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : PCB Manufacturing : Egineers CAD-DXF to TARGET to final PCB’s

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 07:55pm 31 May 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Firstly a thank you to forum members here that got me on the right track... A special thank you to 'Frank n Furter' for his kind help.

I am used to working with Engineering CAD software, and we use DXF format to transfer files to machines.
The journey to a finished PCB was a whole new adventure.

With 'Oztules' help, I have made an '6kw-15kW OzInverter' and Making a BigOzInverter.
However, it soon became apparent that the Chinese firm, PJ, who make the Power Board and Control Board had supply issues and quality control and some manufacturing techniques were not the best.

So I re-did a 'New 6-15kW Power Board' to match the 'New OzControl Board'. As you can see in the Photos we Now have are Own 6-15kW Inverter PCB Boards

The New Power board is a double sided, with double thickness of copper ie 70um, and it just fits on a sheet of A4 so its possible for home etching.

Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

Clockmanfr

Guru

Posted: 08:29pm 31 May 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It has been nearly 30 years since I have used any PCB software, In my time it was a shareware floppy in DOS.

Had things with PCB software changed?

I looked at worked with and purchased, none were expensive, Sprint, DEX and Target.

My aim was to convert my DXF file to finished GERBER files for the PCB manufacturer.

The German TARGET software was the only one that would do this, but the polygon attributes/fill areas were not compatible, but the TARGET did recognise all my DXF drawing and could edit it/update it with no problems.

http://server.ibfriedrich.com/wiki/ibfwikien/index.php/Editions_and_prices_V18

The only disadvantage with TARGET and probably with others, is where you have a filled area, is dropping a clear copper area into it, not so easy.

Target layers were easy to manipulate and change, what you see is what you get, printing was straight forward and spot on size. TARGET to GERBER files was very straight forward, but I did have to download a GERBER viewer just to look and check each of my GERBER files.

My Power Board maxed out the softwares allowable via drill holes, but it managed.

The single side boards, 'OzControl' & 'OzCooling' were a walk in the park.

So I have done all the masks for Home etch and produced 3 PCB boards. Although a double sided board is just a few cents more to remove a couple of jumpers/0r/links. But the Power board is costly.

http://www.shenzhen2u.com/PCB

Edited by Clockmanfr 2016-06-02
Everything is possible, just give me time.

3 HughP's 3.7m Wind T's (14 years). 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (10 yrs). 21kW PV AC coupled SH GTI's. OzInverter created Grid. 1300ah 48v.

mason

Posted: 01:54am 01 Jun 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello Clockman,

Could I get the DXF files from you if you have them?

Thanks

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024