Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:25 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : PCB Manufacturing : Arduino Shield

panky

Guru

Posted: 07:02pm 29 Jul 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Folks,

Anyone out there created an Arduino shield pcb and willing to share in DEX format?

panky.

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

isochronic
Guru

Posted: 12:31am 30 Jul 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You could maybe use a mu-3p pcb as a start. It has the arduino physical pattern
(and already a pic32mx170 sdip, power suppply, and serial bridge wired up). You would need to convert it from an old version of eagle to DEX, maybe update the serial to microblocks 1455. BigMik and Microblocks could help you there.
I put it on oshpark (www.oshpark.com) as a shared board some time ago. You may not use it for profit though !

Justplayin

Guru

Posted: 05:17pm 30 Jul 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

There is a Arduino sample project included with DEX. You should be able to use it as a reference for your own shield project. It would give you a basic board size to begin with and pin header placements.

--CurtisEdited by Justplayin 2016-08-01
I am not a Mad Scientist...  It makes me happy inventing new ways to take over the world!!

MicroBlocks

Guru

Posted: 06:07am 31 Jul 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have looked at doing this before and i dismissed it as not being a great product.
The Arduino layout is on purpose not following a 0.1" grid.
The distance between the connectors is just a bit over 50mm which does not allow cheap boards to be manufactured. (50x50mm or 100x100mm standard sizes for low productions)
Above would mean you can not use standard prototype boards to make your own shield.
The size problem means it will be relatively expensive to make in low quantities.

It might be easier (and certainly faster) to just buy this board (or similar) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7914 and hack it a little bit by dropping in a micromite 28 dip and some other necessary parts.

Microblocks. Build with logic.

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:18am 09 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks all for the responses. I have had a go at modifying the DEX sample - it's a hard learning curve☺
Regards, Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024