Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:23 30 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : PCB Manufacturing : Best time to "Pour"...?

Zonker

Guru

Posted: 05:29pm 17 Nov 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

While laying out a PCB, I wanted to use a ground plane on the back side.. Using DEX, You seen to be forced into routing all the GND tracks (like any other) before creating a copper pour and renaming it to the GND signal...

I tried to leave pins attached to GND not routed OR partly routed to a VIA, and then create the GND pour... All seems to work, but DEX still thinks the un-routed GND tracks need to be finished... Why..? After creating the GND plane pour, shouldn't DEX "recheck" the track stack, and clear the "yellow" lines..?

Just wondering if there is an "official" way of doing this correctly...

On some layouts, things get so tight that dropping GND tracks to the GND plane using the shortest route, is the only way to get the reaming space to get the needed signal tracks done...

Advice on this would helpful...!

Thanks Gent's...

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 07:26pm 20 Nov 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GDay Zonk,

I always route my tracks and when I am happy I then do the pour.

That way I know the connections are right.

There has been some discussion on the DEXPCB fourm (forum.dexpcb.com) about how people see it should be done, I understand your intent but, currently, that isnt really the way that DEX works..

I dont have to rename to GND I just (in the properties when I do the pour) tell it that it is connected to GND.

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024