Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:41 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : 4 stator F&P windmill its a start

F&P murray

Posted: 12:03pm 07 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi everyone,

i am about to show you the start of the 4 stator F&P windmill inspired by a discussion with Glenn Littelford a short time ago. We both felt that it could be done but time and work and other commitments make it really hard to get in to the shed for a week or more! I dont feel that i am as experienced as many of you good people that may read this article but i hope that even if it is a failure we will learn something from the test. Basically i am going to try and manufacture a 4 stator F&P windmill that will put out a lot of usable power. I currently have an F & P in star putting out 12 volt 16 amp in a good wind, it puts out a lot more in a strong wind over 20 amps, i have 2 dick smith 20 amp panel meters blown to bits that prove that point, the wind in Murray Bridge in South Australia is very strong, a wonderfull place to play with windmills. I have totally destroyed several sets of blades, 2 windmills and the faith department in my wifes second floor needs bolstering but she backs me anyway.

I thought that if i wired up a unit in delta i would pick up more power ,i didnt in general but in extremely high speed i did, well actually thats not true,  delta likes high wind speed not for an hour but all day, thats how it works, constant speed at high revs. There arent too many of us that can say that we have that sort of wind, but i do have an enormous amount of consistent high powered wind very siutable for star, the delta just didnt cut it but the star put out all day every day. So i thought after talking to Glenn i would have a go.

This is the start of a 4 stator star unit that just may work, put in as much info as you want all info is good.

I DEDICATE THIS TRIAL UNIT TO GLENN LTTLEFORD AUSTRALIA'S MASTER IN WIND POWER.

This is the start

These are 4 F& P shafts that we take from the F&P washing machines.

Bob from Murray Bridge, SA

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024