Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:17 19 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Fp640 on ebay

Thai

Posted: 12:03pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi I'm new to this web site but been working on turbine for awhile now. I recently purchased an fp640 off of eBay. It's the fisher and paykel turbine. I installed the thing and spun it with my hands and noticed the blades felt like it had brakings connected. I have zero brakes installed. I then unplugged one mc4 wires from the three phases that's connected to the turbine and it starts to bounce or shake violently. Then I thought it was the bridge rectifier, which I moved wires around, tested each phase and they all worked. I even tried my other rectifier to see if it was a bad one. It seem it wasn't the rectifier at all. I then unplugged the grid tie 10.8-30v from the outlet and same problem. Then I plugged it back in and took off the positive terminals, it now spins normally. Can you guys tell me what's wrong and what can I do. I had it on with a thermodye ultra core pma and it worked perfectly. As soon as I used the fp640 on it just went to sh*t.

Thai

Posted: 12:16pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can someone please tell me why some people use 3 bridge rectifier on their turbines? I never seen that before until I got into the fnp world.

Thai

Posted: 12:31pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I forgot to mention that I insulated the state with an electrical red dielectric varnish. I don't think that's the problem because it says it can be used for field magnets and coils. I never used this spray before so I thought I threw it out there for more info.

Madness

Guru

Posted: 12:37pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The motor is a 3 Phase AC device that is why it needs a 3 Phase rectifier.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thai

Posted: 01:57pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Why not just use one 3phase bridge rectifier?

Thai

Posted: 08:40pm 22 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Can someone please let me know if the fisher and paykel turbine has a load on it will it be hard to turn by hand like having a car steering wheel without steering fluid. Is this normal or is there differently something wrong. I've been trying to fix the problem for days now and I can't figure it out.

Thai

Posted: 05:15pm 24 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The 10.8v-30volt couldn't handle the load so I switch to 22-60volt and seems to work OK.

BarkyJ

Posted: 11:33pm 24 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Thai,
I am also fairly new to all this, but I am assuming the builds you have seen with multiple rectifiers, are likely due to either multiple stators, or staggered stators or something like that. When you have different voltages coming out of the stator in AC, then you need to use its own bridge rectifier as the stators wont be exactly in phase (or something like that) or at the same AC potential. You then combine the DC side, hence multiple rectifiers.

Unsure exactly what you are referring to though, so if you have a link to show which builds you are referring to with multiple rectifiers, that will help.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:34pm 24 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If its hard to turn by hand without a load, then something has been wired incorrectly. If you disconnect the rectifiers and it spins freely, then the first place I would look is the rectifiers.

Check your wiring, draw it on paper.

We use 3 single bridge rectifiers instead of a single 3 phase rectifier because its cheaper.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Thai

Posted: 02:56am 25 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think I saw a guy that had 1 single status and was using multiply rectifier. I believe it's to help it spin at low rpm. But I'm hoping to get an experts opion.

Thai

Posted: 02:59am 25 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks gizmo. I figured it out... It was the small 10.8 volt grid tie. Some reason I wasn't able to handle or was a mismatch o that inverter. I went a step up to 22 to 60 volts but it seems weak still but it spins alot easier. Maybe when I get this figured out I'll get the 45 to 90volt gti.

Thai

Posted: 03:04am 25 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not saying I'm not appreciated by your comment though barky J(very cool thanx). I'm really hoping to figure this out before the weekend.

Thai

Posted: 03:21am 25 May 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had 13mph winds today and I made 4 watts. I can't seem to figure out what it is. When I spin by hand it hits open voltage then it slows back down. If I can't spin by hand then what would I need? I'm using falcon 5blades @ 29"blades each from Missouri wind and solar total length is about 62"

Thai

Posted: 07:56am 02 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I figured out the problem. The stator that's sold is factory wired. I rewired to 3 phase 12 pole per phase and changed wiring to 16 awg. These fp640 are a ripoff. Don't purchase unless you want to redo the whole motor.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024