Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:48 19 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : long time back

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 01:57am 03 Mar 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Found this ,,,

Those were the days ,,full of enthusiasm, I think the ribbed belt came loose in a gale and shut me up for some time after that event. also smashed the blades ...

But, who knows ,? I may get back into it again ,one day??

Bruce
Bushboy

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 06:47am 03 Mar 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It looks like you have a disc brake off of a small motorcycle or something I have several things never put one full of together yet though one day one day I will
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:39pm 04 Mar 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, was a bicycle front wheel disc brake complete with the little caliber .. worked a trick ,on the bench , but I guess with the fairly big 2mtr.dia plastic blades ,a bit over whelming ,dunno? you can't tell 60 feet up on a howling night of gale force winds ,lol.

Just one of many hair-brain contraptions this mad Aussie has dreamed up -we,ll blame the rum !!!

Bruce
Bushboy

Pete Locke

Posted: 04:43am 05 Mar 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

brucedownunder2 said   we,ll blame the rum !!!

Bruce

Ahhhh....RUM...Yummmmmm...HIc*...

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 09:37am 07 Mar 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Some really nice fabrication work I have three or four of those type direct drive washing machine motors and haven't done anything with them I even have a tower never put it up either
Love peace good health and happiness to allEdited by BenandAmber 2019-03-08
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

adelaide

Posted: 12:37pm 13 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi bruce from aaron been away few years what you been up to im in thai having LOOK AROUND found few interesting things hows your projects where neards ushaly talk now ?
help to make progres or radio and vitamin b

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 12:46am 12 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Aaron,  nice to hear from you again.  

So, you went to Thailand and forgot to come home,lol.? Don't blame you , things are very slow ,construction wise ,over here, we are getting older, less enthusiastic , and lots of guys doing the less mechanical stuff like you ,me and Bob(RIP).

have not been to Adelaide since I went there many years ago to catch up with Bob and the solar car rally.. Got some nice pics and memories..

Still have most of my F&P stuff along with the LG motors, which I haven't done anything with ?. Have you?.

I have kidney disease ,one is not working , but I'm still managing it -no dialy a sis yet. so hope I keep well enough.

Off to hospital today for my 3-4 weekly check-up . but only takes an hour .

Nice to hear from you again , you stay safe and drop me a line ,now and then -brucedownunder7@bigpond.com

Bruce and Ilda
Bushboy

itchybum

Posted: 09:17am 04 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello all,
This is my first attempt to put anything on this site.  I have been reading it on and off for a few years, but now have plucked up the courage to have a go. Mate.
I am planning to build a wind generator based on the good old Aussie Comet windmill. Lots of challenges, but hopefully lots of rewards too.
Speed increasing gear, governing, DC output are all possible causes of grey hair.  Look forward to hearing of possible methods of prevention.
Regards to all.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024