Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:54 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : 4 stator F & P mill so far

F&P murray

Posted: 08:15am 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi fellow millers,

i have got a fair way down the track on the 4 stator F & P windmill but the amount of photos and information is quite large. Glenn i dont think that you have a diary section to put this all on apart from your personal one on this web that i dont seem to be able to acess. So i will put all the info on a DVD and send it to you and you can do what ever is required to pass all the info on. The 4 spacers/bearing holders have been machined from the original alloy ones and my mate "nappy" is currently machining the 4 shafts on his small lathe. The unit has 4 stators on a shaft made from 4 parts threaded in to one shaft, this allows 4 x 56205 bearings in the ally plus a central 56205 in a purchased CBC bearing holder as seen on Gizmos instructions. i have a star unit putting out about 16 amps at good speed and am hoping that the new unit will put out about 50 amps. I need to work out exactly how to wire the 4 units up and also want to get hold of a 60 to 100 amp diode.

See you soon Bob

Bob from Murray Bridge, SA

Chris

Posted: 11:40am 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow, 50 amps. Thats a fair bit of power mate. Your going to need some decent size blades to turn that sucker.

Sounds awesome though!

F&P murray

Posted: 09:14pm 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Chris, i currently use 3 x 1200mm blades with a 300mm chord down to a 100mm tip and they spin in the lightest of winds. At 3/4 speed the current star mill puts out around 16 amps and has put out more than 20 amps near flat out. With the 4 stator F & P i will offset each rotor to cancel out cogging.

Bob

Bob from Murray Bridge, SA

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:14am 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hey Bob.

If you havn't send the DVD yet, I have a better postal address for you, or I can set up a Diary section if you like.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024