Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:40 05 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Re-wiring a F&P for 24 volts

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:15pm 26 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya Guy's,

Well I finally got myself a F&P motor the otherday , and I've been busy researching on the net and reading Glenn's article in siliconchip. Now in the article it shows how to hookup for a 12 volt system but I'm after a 24 volt array as I consider 24 volts to be more efficient. Would I need to change the re-wiring away from 7 poles or would it still be the same? I want to be sure when I re-wire the motor I get it right the first time.

Cheers Bryan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:46am 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan

Can you tell me what wire size the stator is. 0.6, 0.8 or 1.0?

The 0.6 and 0.8 versions will work fine charging 24v, they just need to spin a little faster.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 05:08am 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hiya Glenn,

The wire size on my stator is 0.6mm and the outer magnet drum has 14 large magnets. From what I've researched a 12 foot Diameter prop will be ideal and I do have a constant wind blowing on my property most of the time so I should get a fair bit of power out of the genny. I'll be hooking the genny upto a bank of 20 75A/H batteries giving me about 1,500A/H. The primary use will be powering the fridge which only draws 250 watts and a few other appliances. The dumpload will be pre-heating a hot water tank as my current gas based system is getting on the expensive side. I'm currently in the process of designing a charge controller using a pic but I've only just started it so I'll probably buy another shunt regulator from Oatley's in the meantime.

Cheers Bryan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:41am 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan.

The 0.6mm wire stator will be perfect for 24v.

12 foot prop, thats a big prop. You could easily drive two F&P's with that size. My prop is about 7 foot diameter and it works fine. I would check that size, it seams awful big.

Yeah I like the Oatley controller, its so simple and reliable, you cant beat it for price.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

gotwind.org

Posted: 08:58pm 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, i've found a complete Fisher & Paykel washing machine in the UK on eBay -  I need to instruct the seller how to remove the motor .
I seem to remember seeing a guide on the net, but can't seem to find it now.
Any help welcomed.
email to: enquiries@gotwind.org

www.gotwind.org

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:34pm 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Check out this link - http://www.ecoinnovation.co.nz/pdf/smartdrive_what_is_it.pdf

Also make sure you read the other articles by Michael, all well written and informative.

http://www.ecoinnovation.co.nz/links.php?code=8

Glenn

JAQ

gotwind.org

Posted: 09:50pm 27 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for that Glenn - just what i was looking for
For interest the actual item on eBay is listed here.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7 594358964&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
you may have to copy and paste the URL.
Please reply if there any known problems with this model.
I don't know if it is .6,.8,.1.0 wired or it's condition

It will be quicker than a 3 month wait from a New Zealand ordered motor.

Thanks
Ben

www.gotwind.org

adelaide

Posted: 12:43am 29 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi bryan think the stater i got for u might been a 80 ? .8mm wire might pay to cheak cant remeber for shore thow
help to make progres or radio and vitamin b

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024