Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:03 19 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : hi voltage step down mill basic brain storm pls

adelaide

Posted: 03:07pm 13 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi got this motor out split system ac internal fan motor some have ac motor with cap some have better permanent mag 3 ph hi volt input with internal dc to 3 ph driver. seen occasional with problem and few variants, some you can get to the star points and centre.some only dc hi v out some 30 v 2 amps(if ever play with these some are dangerous voltages,if lo volt bat not connected easy can kill treat as hi volt)

looking for some brain storm on way to efficient and simple step down the hi volt,
bit testing on 1200 rpm drill is 120 v .4a ,is no cogging and fun small mill to play with trickle charger silent lo wind, direct connection to 12 volt is trickle charges with split system external fan blade with start up funny under 5 kmh hardly stops but is wasting power charging 12 v, when wind normal 15 kmh up it more suited to charge 60 v bat not 12 so...

(pics of the ac and dc pm version and split ac system external fan works well as small silent lo wind trickle changer)

after few ideas to make a mppt( maximum power point tracker) simple along lines of coil maybe diodes and using the phase on off instead micro to make the load match more with rpm. or if that fails guess micro and dc side 1 coil with rpm sens to load it up progressive or mapped or out the box thinking fake a hi volt bat with caps to 12 v some how

, did try some plug packs but they off on not ideal matching load and some buck down will load it up stall to easy is why post this as after simple more matched to wind aproach

basic thinking was when ac hi v comes out it half rectified threw coil to the dc with fly back diode to catch the excess voltage power stored in coil form miss match 100 v trying to charge 12 v, prob need 6 coils and few diodes to make a not smart but simple buck, i never played with coils this way any idears drawings and last resort arduino smart type option.
help to make progres or radio and vitamin b

SimpleSafeName

Posted: 12:31pm 14 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It looks a lot like one of the programmable motors (Broad Ocean was one brand that we used) that we used inside of our HVAC units. You program them with the speeds that you want prior to installation.

adelaide

Posted: 10:43am 20 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi is wire diagram and verbibale speed for hi lo medium as is for fan,think 4 to 5 v, on 1 played with is few versions 30 v and 300 plus v some sealed some with wider 1 side case can get to rewire. but most ok can use dc lines as output dc any direction bonus but h volt or super slow bigger prob make some power in lightest of winds and not much more when bit more wind unless can step down silent and bearings no cog fun tinny thing think 15 to 50 w if get it stepped down as is few sises played bit with it as motor it uses a lot less power than same fan motor ac as pm not needs to wast power making magnetic filed inner part. ac versions seem to have bigger 2 ph 1 threw cap induction type centre, putting permanent mag in this might give 2p out but none match so far may have make, motor very good for slow vawt as well,i made 1 with 1 top and bottom guyed, pipe cut in half as lo speed hi volt. efficiently better matched to higher volt system like 48 for direct connection more e hawt

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 12:51am 26 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a Fisher and Paykel type washer motor if you would like it to make you a windmill you can have it just pay shipping

Not sure where you're at so it may not be worthwhile with shipping costs

I live in USA if the shipping costs are not too high you are more than welcome to it
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

adelaide

Posted: 09:12am 11 Dec 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wow thanks for offer Ben and Amber, ATM i in Thailand near Pattaya if any nerds around happy show around trust me wow place when know what to look out for
We got this bigger pm wash machine hears pic working on making furling mill with my Thai engineering gf funny she can weld and program better than learner me ha ha. has alloy wire but looks stronger than f and p and less cog.will work on stepping it down rather than re wire

made lots f and p mills in past 1 geared 5 m some twin is amassing see its power curves change alot with ac caps  but cancel picked on me, so had take down sad as trying help earth and was off grid with tracking solar, hot water store for heating and water forklift batteries was goal off grid so did it for years,fun playing with mills big or small, junk yards a lot potential to visit often is still cool to see any power coming in at night, we got few mills up these smaller lo wind trickle chargers and 1 tape drive little solar fun and cheapest solar hot water led and fan motors to hv 3 ph dc same small mill,it gets a lot better efficiency 15 w same ac motor using about 40.  thai hot we simply sprayed the stainless steel tank on roof flat black works well and helping earth and wallet bit

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024