Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:00 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Both sides of the coil

ozetrade

Posted: 02:13am 04 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here's something I stubmbed across that might interest those with engineeering capabilities.

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/jpettridge/

Greg
Just North of Brisbane in Redcliffe
OZeTrade.net

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 02:00am 08 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have seen this before on a TV show, New Inventors. The guy was making some crazy claims. He said since it uses both side of the coil, it could in turn make twice the power, or use half the electricty. This isn't possible. The shows panel pointed out that currently most motors are about 90% efficient, so 90% of the electrical power used is converted into mechanical power, 10% into heat and noise. So if you doubled the output power, and still used the same electrical power, the motor would be 180% efficient! This means it would make more power than it used.

A perfect motor can only be 100% efficient.

I think its a clever design, that will slightly increase a motors efficiency by 1 or 2 %. There would be more cost involved in it production, so would only be suitable for large industrial motors where saving a few % is cost effective.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024