Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:05 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : F&P 42 pole 0.8mm copper from 9Kg Washing Machine - 25 cm diameter

Technophiliac

Posted: 09:54pm 18 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Back Shed Gurus
I took out the motor from our expiring F&P 9 Kg washer as he bearings were starting to squeal (many moons ago) in the expectation some new bearings would enable a generator. The rotor diameter is 25 cm. Does anyone know if these are bigger and what difference it makes over the 6.5Kg motor units? Can anyone tell me their rotor diameter? I note it appears to have 3 Hall effect sensors mounted as well. I guess they could indicate rpm, but the the frequency of the AC produced presumably could be used to calculate the same?
Many thanks
PS Great site people.
Davo, Wellington. You can have it perfect, on time, and at the best price. Choose any two.

Warpspeed
Guru

Posted: 05:01am 19 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Techophillac, welcome to the Forum.

I am not an F&P guy so cannot answer your size question.

The three Hall sensors tell the microprocessor where the rotor is.
Its kind of like the distributor on your car engine, telling the ignition where the piston is, and when to fire the spark plugs.

Information from the three Hall sensors controls the power switched to the coils, so as the rotor turns, current to the three phases is switched at the exact right time to get the motor motoring.....
Cheers,  Tony.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024