Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:59 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Hook an F&P up to a battery?

get real

Posted: 03:59am 28 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A member in 2014 Davep68 said this" The vast majority from what I can work out on this forum, try to connect these stators via a rectifier to charge batteries. That creates a whole set of problems if you wish to yield the maximum performance from these stators.

When F&P stators are connected to a battery, ONLY the current can increase once the terminal voltage has been reached".

How did he hook the F&P up to a battery? if he didn't use a rectifier?  

Technophiliac

Posted: 09:46am 28 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A rectifier would be needed to convert AC to DC and I think he was not saying otherwise. Rather other problems are things like how to know when the battery is full and then stop charging.....(or enter into some fancy battery charge algorithm) and prevent the battery blowing up...seems to me more likely to b the sort of problem he had in mind to plan to avoid...... So I think he had in mind much further on from merely starting charging...... A commercial charge controller is probably worth considering.
Davo, Wellington. You can have it perfect, on time, and at the best price. Choose any two.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024