Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:32 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : Does re-phasing reduce required tourqe input?

Offgridguy

Posted: 11:08am 04 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As the subject asks .. My intuitive thought is no it does not reduce the required input to rotate as power out is proportional to power in minus losses in across the board efficiencies. However on occasion intuitive thought be damned crap happens from lack of knowledge.
I'm building a water wheel.... I know I know this is windmill.... I've got that end covered However the characteristics of re-phasing are new to me. I understand the idea of decoging for start up ... Does decoging also reduce generation ripple for better efficiency?
Inquiring mind .
I searched couldn't really find a straight answer. Thanks yall

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:24am 04 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Your other threads have been locked.
Please try to only post ONE thread.
If you had an issue in only posting one(that resulted in three), please respond here, and I can raise that with the admin.

Other then that, welcome to the forums.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Offgridguy

Posted: 07:18pm 04 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I used a special character from my key installed emoji without realizing it caused an error the first two times. Apologies.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 11:43pm 04 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No apology needed, and sorry if I sounded upset or something - not the case, but we do get a few new users who post the same thread in multiple forums, so I just wanted to make sure you were not one of those.

Welcome, and I hope you get the answers you are looking for.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Offgridguy

Posted: 01:11am 05 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Totally get it. I hunted for a delete post feature.. no such luck. Lol . In tinkering with my setup today I found I am able to get 36 volts no load without any phase reconfiguration of the windings yet.

pollenface

Posted: 08:19am 27 Nov 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry compleste newbie here,

By rephasing do you mean running on 2 phases instead of 3? I tested this with my wind turbine using an electric motor to spin it up. The torque required to turn the generator was slightly less and the power output was comparable to the 3 phase result which surprised me.
Off grid man caver

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024