Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:55 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : multiple starter?

adelaide

Posted: 11:09pm 31 Mar 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thinking of losing the nylon nuts on f/p and mounting back stater back to back (not cut middle out and join)with seaport shaft going to 2 more starters behind and bar attaching middle sections so could make my 2 in to a 4 stater or 1 into a 3 stater any 1 tryed this?,will have hassle of hard to get off stater and common nuts still Hold 1 on at least and reinforce bit would hold other on 2 , could be a long alt . another idear would be to put thread into 1 shaft so it can screw(need right direction thread?) into front 1? food for thort cos have 2 mills that get out control to easy 3.3 and a 3.5 m ? any 1 got constructive critasim or tryed ?or inproving idears?
help to make progres or radio and vitamin b

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:37pm 01 Apr 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi ,  I fiddled around with a couple different ways of joining and driving 2 stators some time back.   never really tested them ,so many other things to do .

One day I'll drag them out and see if there is any real gain in flying more than one on the same shaft.

Today I'm looking at 30v X 20 Amps coming out of a Neo magnet converted rotor. (but it's blowing quite strong here, westerlies coming in ,winter coming on.)

So, the Neo magnet conversion might be a simplier way to gain much more power.

Bruce

Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024