Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:18 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : loweing the mill

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 04:41pm 04 Apr 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had a pic taken of when i was lowering the new mill ,so i thought I'd share it with you.

By the way , we had very strong winds here today and I stood under the mill and watched it furl completly many times-so thats working. I also saw several times it producing over 600 watts ,the amp meter was off scale-. It would go to 500-600 watts then to 0 -must have been the furling. I also was able to electrically brake the mill when it slowed right down ,and even in the strongest wind it just slowly turned,so thats working also.

Bruce

Bushboy

peter

Posted: 10:10am 06 Apr 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce

Thats a nice setup you have there, like your winch. Yes wind at last

600 Watts at times is great result from your machine well done!!

We have had some strong winds down here  after a bit of a wind drought, my machine near the Murray mouth recorded 8.7 kWhr last Tuesday . more wind bring it on!!

peter c

RossW
Guru

Posted: 10:45am 06 Apr 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce. Nice looking mill!

I got mine lowered and raised last weekend, finally. I only have a small hand winch so rigged up something a little ummm... agricultural!

My gen is on a 9m mast, with 3m dia turbine. Here's pics of it half way up (or is that half way down?). A lot dryer down this way than all that lush green vegetation you have!

We had some half-decent breeze through here on sunday (within hours of me putting it back up!) - 40-45 KMH gusts, averaging 20 KMH over the hour - and I saw the meter nudging the 20 amp mark (just over 1000 watts). Even with the water pump, all the computers and lights etc running, I saw the amp-hour meter running backwards :)

I'm thinking I need to build at least one, perhaps two or three more turbines for here now! It's great :)

RossW
Edited by RossW 2006-04-07

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024