Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:16 03 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : New to this

andy

Posted: 09:38pm 27 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HELLO all,
Nice site.
Question I have one Oatley DC Motor Windmill.

And I want to build one windmill generator that I plan to use it when the Hurricane season arrives. I live in Florida. Can some please tell me what average volts will this unit provide because I want to run a small frezer, one light, and one small tv.

Thank you in advance.
Andy

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:35pm 27 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Andy.

The Oatley motors dont make a lot of volts, and I didn't have any luck when I tried to make a windmill out of one. I could only get about 5 volts, but heaps of amps. If you had 4 of them you might get somewhere by builting 4 windmills and connecting them in series to get up to 20 volts to charge a 12v battery. Or one larger windmill driving 4 motors via chains/belts.

Was in Florida last year, visited the space center near Orlando, nice visit.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

andy

Posted: 11:02pm 27 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello Gizmo,

Thank you for your reply.

What can you suggest me as I live in Florida, and we have a lot of problems trying to get gasoline during the hurricane season., I want to be able to build a small windmill where I can get enough power to run some appliances, The other option is gas generator but I cannot buy one because I am out of work.
Andy.

Chris

Posted: 01:16am 28 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you geared the oatley motor right glenn, you could get a usefull output voltage couldnt you. Say you overgeared it. It would just mean that you would need more torque to turn it.

makourain

Posted: 01:23am 28 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

what if u pulse the dc or invert it and change it from low volts and high amps to high volts and low amps? using a transformer.

or just rewind it :DEdited by makourain 2006-05-29

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 01:49am 28 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Andy
Why not get 44 gallon drum of petrol(gasoline) and put in safe place before hurricane arrive unless if you live outside of big city however if you live in resident area forget . however if you have alook in E-bay Australia under Fisher & Pakley washing machine and might find some parts and built one like Gimzo's windmill or look at other member's windmill they have built doing their spare time . good luck to you
dwyer the bushman

andy

Posted: 03:03am 28 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you for your responses.

Does anybody knows how to build a generator using a lawnmower.

If yes are ther any plans available.

Andy

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 01:00pm 28 May 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Andy As you ask for our help ?? Yes        Does anybody knows how to build a generator using a lawnmower.

Well Andy yes at your home country has plan for you and is quite intesting and look into webs site below

http://theepicenter.com/tow02077.html

Bye Dwyer the bushman

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024