Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:56 19 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Windmills : F&P 36 pole aluminium stator power output

DaveP68

Posted: 12:18pm 20 Sep 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Tried a F&P 36 pole aluminium stator today for the first time just to check how it compares to a copper version.

Results were 615 W at 588 RPM on my crude test rig. Other reading are 410 VDC and 1.5 Amps into my controlled current load. This is about 7% less output power than the copper stator.

Open circuit volts reading is about 1.1 VDC per 1 RPM. Copper stator is around 1.185 VDC per 1 RPM. This implies that there are less turns per pole. The resistance reading phase to phase star is 38 ohms vs 32 ohms for the copper stator.

It's possible to get a good output from them but rewiring them becomes a challenge. Solders used for aluminum generally contain zinc with some lead, cadmium, tin, copper, or aluminum. However, any solder that contains tin may cause an electrochemical corrosion problem due to its galvanic potential.Edited by DaveP68 2017-09-22
There are realities if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending time on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow! The Dunning Kruger Effect :)

Thai

Posted: 03:31pm 05 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is the stator used, one with redesign black cap? Edited by Thai 2018-06-07

DaveP68

Posted: 12:04am 06 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well not exactly the one outlined in this topic is a 36 pole aluminum stator using a 48 magnet black rotor cap. These are used on all top loading washing machine currently in production.

The FP640 stator that you have is a 27 pole aluminum stator that uses a 36 magnet black rotor cap.
There are realities if you do not accept, will lead to frustration because you will be spending time on wrong assumptions and the results cannot follow! The Dunning Kruger Effect :)

Thai

Posted: 04:56am 08 Jun 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh i see. I can't find any info on the motors I have. Thanks for the info

kalidupakid

Posted: 07:06am 18 Oct 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Iv just joined after some time just looking and thinking I must have a go at a windmill, for now I want to just play around and see if I can get any decent results, I got a F&P 36 POLE .6MM wire unit, with a black cap 48 pole rotor these are single magnets, from a used washer, in your rewire section there is no mention of this set up. Im after a general speed mill with either 12 volt or 24 volt output, and dont want to have to re solder because I picked the wrong connections. any advice.

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 02:33am 25 Nov 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

kalidupakid said   in your rewire section there is no mention of this set up.

F&P stator rewire

I thought this would be your unit. What is different? is it the wire resistance? We can sort something out, getting a motor charging is not rocket surgery. the 5 wiring digrams for a 36 pole is just above the charts. You should be able to click on them to get a larger image.

if you are not sure about some of the formulas to work out amps and watts from free spinning rpm, stator resistance and battery voltage we can help a little with that.

cheers

I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Tatocr

Posted: 10:21pm 04 Dec 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi. I'm also doing tests with a 36 LG coils. How different are the F&P and LG engines? In this video you can see the very poor numbers offered by my LG washing machine motor with 36 coils, 0.8mm cable and rotor with 12 ferrite magnets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLwl9M4BLj0

It is foolish to pretend to make a wind turbine with this amperage. I suppose that changing the magnets by neodymium improves the performance but I do not find information on polarities, sizes etc ...

Pete Locke

Posted: 07:59am 05 Dec 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What were you using for a load for the current check?

Tatocr

Posted: 07:44am 06 Dec 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, Pete. I'm not using anything. I understand that the tests mentioned by DaveP68 are empty, without load. I'm wrong?
Here it also says that it is empty

I'm wrong? Sorry but my English is very poorEdited by Tatocr 2018-12-07

sonny97301

Posted: 02:29pm 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

anyone who wants a good pma should just BUY ONE. on ebay/amazon.  look for  permanent magnet alternator, and KNOW the spec's that you want.         btw, in a correctly configured pma, there should be JUST  THREE coils per phase.
not 12 or nine or 25.        googletranslate

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024