Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:10 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Fuel prices are souring!

OneToRemember

Posted: 01:11pm 19 May 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fuel prices are souring here in the UK - is this good for the planet? Well not good for the fuel poor but perhaps people will change their habits and start to use less fuel. I still see 4X4s rushing down the motorways at 90mph buring up maybe 35% more fuel than if they went at 65!

People still leave their lights on and heating on when they are not in the house, etc.

I guess it's the fule poor that will suffer and the rich will spend their way out of making any changes to behaviour.

r.

great books @ http://www.Onetoremember.co.uk

Buy and sell renwable energy bits and pieces free at http://www.EnergyBook.co.uk

petanque don

Posted: 12:33am 20 May 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Economics suggests in the short term there will be little change however in the long term people do change.

For instance when people change their car fuel efficiency becomes a much more important feature.

Or if people change jobs a shorter commute is more important.

People may even eventually learn to leave home a bit earlier so they can drive a bit slower.

However some people are slow learners.

frank133

Posted: 09:33pm 10 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OneToRemember said   Fuel prices are souring here in the UK - is this good for the planet? Well not good for the fuel poor but perhaps people will change their habits and start to use less fuel. I still see 4X4s rushing down the motorways at 90mph buring up maybe 35% more fuel than if they went at 65!

People still leave their lights on and heating on when they are not in the house, etc.

I guess it's the fule poor that will suffer and the rich will spend their way out of making any changes to behaviour.

r.

Hi I am also in the uk and the fuel prices are going crazy,the government taking 80% tax on fuel is not helping.I changed my Mercedes to LPG and now get double the miles for the same petrol price.Am I helping the planet by using LPG I dont think so/ I just do a lot more miles than I used to.I totaly agree in trying to save this planet for future generations.but whatever we do will be to little to late,

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024