Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:25 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Firefox sux. Safari sux.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:52am 30 Jun 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The title sums it up for me tonight. Been working on a intranet system for the last few days, all very cool with some clever image maps, DHTML/java menu's, image upload andautomatic resizing. All working perfectly. On IE that is.

Just found out the client uses a Apple laptop, with both Firefox and Safari browsers. Well friggen nothing works on either of these 2nd rate crappy browsers. Submit buttons dont work, menus pop up in wrong place, style sheets ignored.

Back to the drawing board on this one. Been writting software in several languages and platforms for over 20 years now, and I'll be happy the day we all start using one browser on one OS, not several different browsers all with different rendering engines, on several OS's ( or about 500 if you take into account all the versions of Linux out there, what a joke that is! ). And dont dare mention that rubbish Vista, my god, there's already a black market in WinXP cd's. We should have stopped at IE6 and WinXP, it worked.

Hmfff.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

oztules

Guru

Posted: 08:04pm 30 Jun 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

..... sigh.....

(Hee hee hee hee...)..just another windows IE junkie getting his just rewards......

Of course this is coming from one of those joke machines that has trouble reading some IE sites. (I just go somewhere else).

So the customer is always right.... (this is where you grit your teeth and mutter some remarks about ludites living on mud balls in the middle of the ocean)

Cheer up we could still be running DOS if apple hadn't taken the lead I guess. (at least I could write in assembly and machine code back then)

Best of luck with the rewrite Gizmo

.........oztules

chuckle chuckle..... windows... chuckle chuckle.. VISTA.... full scale giggle.... oops... oztules falls over and has heart attack.
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024