Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:45 17 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Grid-connect inverters in ReNew?

domwild
Guru

Posted: 02:50am 12 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

Those of you who purchased the latest copy of ReNew, have a look at the "New Products" ads and tell me if those inverters are really "grid-connect" inverters.

To me they look like ordinary inverters but I have not looked up the net with those model numbers. One model has a large range of DC input voltages, which will suit perhaps direct connection to a windmill or hydro, provided the water is always flowing and the wind is always blowin'!

One of them does not even have Oz approval but may tempt someone to connect it to the grid somehow to zap a linesman!

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

domwild
Guru

Posted: 05:21am 16 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looked up the model numbers. Both appear to have EU or other approvals so they must be safe.
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:17am 16 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://www.bcse.org.au/docs/STA/Standards/Inverters%20List%2 0Nov%207%202007.pdf here is a list of aus approved grid connect inverters that comply with AS4777 if its not here dont use it Mick Edited by AMUN-RA 2008-10-17
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024