Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:55 18 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Double Post

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 07:28am 16 Jan 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

How do I delete posts?
Unless you are a Forum Moderator or an Administrator you can only delete your own posts and only if the forum has been setup with the relevant rights for you to be able to delete your post. If someone has replied to your post then you will no-longer be able to delete it.
The above is listed in the help section The word "No" would say as much.
My double post occurred when my computer timed out. I copied what was on the screen and then logged on , the reply window was blank, I pasted the note to it
and then posted. When I reviewed it ,there were (2)I would expect the edit button to have a remove key Since there was no replies to the post. OH!, another thing,
My links in previous posts is likely my fault. I do not
know how to activate a link from my computer or even if
it can be done. the other forums I visit automatically
activate the links. so I to was surprised.I also noticed
a Link from one of your members was not active.

Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 09:05am 16 Jan 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Adding links is explained in the help section. In short, click on the button above the text box ( where you type ) that looks like a little earth with a paperclip in front of it.

If you want to delete a post, ask nicely. Dont worry too much about double posts, it happens to all of us from time to time.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Greenbelt

Guru

Posted: 10:16pm 17 Jan 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glen;
Thanks for the note on "Links" While here I will answer
your previous comment
"Why not replace the belt loop with a wheel, much less loss and less moving parts."
In aeronautics, Air is treated as a fluid, Of course you know this, An infinitely wide river that moves with a current. This pressure reacts on objects placed in is path, The belt arrangement allows several(vanes, sails, push plates)What ever, to be positioned in the wind path for extended time with the force acting at 90 deg.to wind direction, and also a constant 90 deg.angle to the drive
shaft the Maximum torque angle, Unlike a wheel that changes torque angle as it turns. Only one push plate can
hold this position for an instant as it crosses top center. Thanks for moving my rant to the proper section.
and cleaning up the double.          ;           ;  
Time has proven that I am blind to the Obvious, some of the above may be True?

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024