Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 00:35 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Our PM

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:46am 25 Oct 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A few weeks ago the national opposition leader was promoting solar and wind power generators for schools, and said he believed we as a nation we should start investing in more solar / wind farms, but our humble leader Jonny Howard said he saw no future in solar / wind, and instead said we should go for nuclear.
Just saw on the news the Treasurer promoting a big solar power installation under construction near the Victoria NSW boarder. The plant will be big enough for 40,000 homes. And again the PM said there is no future in this technology, and said nuclear was the way to go.
So even if members of his own party are promoting clean power, Jonny Howard is determined to get his nuclear power. I dont get this, its like he has some hidden agenda.

Note: I'm trying to hide my true distrust and dislike for this fellow, even though I once voted for him. How am I doing?
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

petanque don

Posted: 04:01am 08 Nov 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

As someone with training in economics it seems Australia has huge reserves of coal and uranium.

Logically if alternative technology is developed these reserves will have little economic value.

It also seems curious that the federal government is sponsoring a technology that is unlikely to be successful. Unless they sponsorship is to try and prove it is not viable.

It seems odd that the federal government did not spend money on helping a solar tower project.

http://www.enviromission.com.au/

Megawatt Man

Posted: 02:03am 04 Feb 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello Gizmo, I am wanting to post in this section, including an image . I reckon this section of the site needs two more icons, for uploading inamges and uploading files, like the other areas. Maybe there's a reason?
Megawatt Man

Megawatt Man

Posted: 02:04am 04 Feb 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Actually on the My 2 cents section, that may be bigger than just on the pm post part.
Megawatt Man

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024