Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:37 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Nuke Power

Page 5 of 5    
vasi

Guru

Posted: 02:16pm 30 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

electrondady1 said  ... perhaps, once a year, unpopular politicians and c.e.o's could be mandated into jumping into the volcanoes to ensure good energy output.

That is a No-No! He will sell the entire volcano (being inside is more dangerous) to affiliated third parties and business mans ensuring personal profitable outputs. Keep them away. A good (to say patriotic?) group of private, local companies can solve that on the country interest.

VasiEdited by vasi 2011-09-01
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 10:45am 31 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Might wake them up to geothermal heat though, then the could establish a committee to find out what it is and a sub committee to implement an investigation and a lesion office to the commercial interests to develop it and a tax office to tax the energy produced.

Progress

Bob
Foolin Around

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:09am 31 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hot rock is one of those technologies that works too well. There are several companies who what to develope hot rock power stations, but cant get any support from government.

Its a perfect system. Buy or lease a suitable mass of hot rock, Australia has it in abundance with our very old and stable deep rock structure. Invest in the power station construction, rock fracturing, etc. Start making clean abundant base load power for a few decades. The only thing stopping this happening now is no government wants to invest in HV power lines to the suitable hot rock sites.

Why?

A hot rock power station, once built, requires minimal employees. Its a fairly simple system, steam turbine driven alternators. Jobs = votes. Minimal jobs, no votes.

A hot rock power station doesn't consume anything. No need to buy fuel. No coal or gas, no oportunity for a mining company to grown and increase its profits. No jobs.

The modern world evolves around the growth economic model, supply, demand and consumption, and there is little growth in hot rock, or solar and wind, power generation once its established.

I've said it before, science has already given us the answers to a clean abundant energy supply. We dont need to invent new power sources, we already have more than we need. But while jobs buys votes and politicians cant see more than 3 years into the future, nothing will change.

The only change we can make is personal. Government and big business wont change, but we can choose to go our own way by making our own power at home.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:26pm 31 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn

I believe you are 100% right on your summery of the political and financial systems controlling the situation, it is just a matter of time as other resources run thin that these things will come to the fore.

It shows the lack of proper commercial thinking within government, the now syndrome, must be in this term to get re elected next term, while ignoring the value added potential of such reliable and relatively cheap energy that could be harnessed to provide a industry base without the long and lossy power leads they are addicted to at the moment, if this country doesn't start thinking smart in many ways, we will be in the long term the poor trash of Asia.

Poor leadership and management is all I see from the top down and the bottom up. We can do our little bit but I am afraid we are too much the minority to make any difference, when the crunch comes and people can no longer afford the excessive lifestyle they are addicted to now, the candle will be rediscovered and hailed as the savior of civilization. HA HA

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

electrondady1

Posted: 02:46pm 01 Sep 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

it's very frustrating to live in these times.
for the next few billion years the earth will produce more energy than we can ever use.
but the powers that be and their political front men have a lock on all we see and hear.
rather than take the obvious long term solutions to our energy needs for the next thousand years,we are forced to ride this fossil fuel pony to the bitter end.

nuclear energy is not the solution , it's expensive and very dangerous from the time it's dug up until it's placed in perpetual storage.

i don't think we can afford to let these creeps run our world any more.
but I'm not sure of how we can make the change

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024