Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:20 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : ADSL router recommendations?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:10pm 16 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The little ADSL2 router I have is struggling with the internet traffic the the web site. It passes through the traffic OK, but if I try to log into it to check its logs etc, it has a meltdown and runs like a dead cat. I can reset it and its fine for a few hours, but soon starts to slow down again. But, hey, it was free, and I have a spare one if its gets struck by lightning.

So thinking of buying a new one. Something with a few more network configuration options, port forwarding, firewall, QOS, etc, which is pretty standard stuff now anyway. Plus wireless, which this one is lacking. Does anyone have a recomendation? Something that would suit a IT/network type person.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

vasi

Guru

Posted: 01:43pm 16 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I use a TRENDnet TEW 435BRM with a lot of options. Don't know how will act in huge traffic but have options
It have also wireless.
[quote]...it has a meltdown and runs like a dead cat[/quote] It does not smell like that but is warm.

VasiEdited by vasi 2011-08-17
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:57pm 16 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gizmo

I use a nettcomm nb5580w it has all the bells and whistles including wireless, even though I use it as a router on the satelite as I do not have adsl it all works good, the only thing is the wireless has problems with windows 7 but i think that is me not the machine, it worked good on XP. 3 year warranty and a manual I cant understand but it tell you how to do all but make coffee.

All the best

BobEdited by VK4AYQ 2011-08-17
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024