Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:24 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : PO Pub

windlight
Guru

Posted: 01:06pm 31 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was sitting in the bar of the Post Office pub in Mossman on Monday slacking my thirst as one does, when not more than 6' from the front veranda a sugar cane train rumbles by.

Now how many places in OZ can you do that, but it gets better, up the end of said street, north end of town where the train crosses the highway there is this intersection that defies description, but I will try.

Town main street (divided road) becomes highway north, two side streets, a bottle shop drive through , a servo and two entrances to the hardware store. But it gets better, when a train passes the lights flash but don't stop when it has passed so some one from the mill comes down to fiddle with the box. Of course by then all locals have just gone through anyway but if a tourist happens to be first in line well.............

Just goto love FNQ

Allan of the jungle
"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:33pm 31 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sounds like my kind of town, not yet ruined by civilization.

Bob
Foolin Around

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024