Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:46 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Beyond a Joke PT.2

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 06:42am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guy's
I was disgusted to see the joke thread after 81 pages locked and a pitable excuse saying we are WAY over governed on FREE SPEECH. I didn't have a chance to put my 2 bob's worth in so that is why I am starting this thread.

If this forum is going to be so OVER governed by a NON FREE SPEECH policy maybe the DM and MM forum should be placed elsewhere.

Glenn get a life and realize just how many members got a joy out reading that 'joke' thread. OK if things got out of hand you always have that 'delete' button to push so whynot just go thru and delete the content FRUUUUUUUUUGLE finds so offensive.

If you do want to ban me over this post go-ahead but the end loser won't be me and it will be ashame for this forum to go down the drain. As this country still has FREE SPEECH and for a forum owner to step in and say FREE SPEECH can't done on this forum well go shut it down as it aint worth 2c in my book.......

Regards Bryan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:39am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Byran several months ago I asked members to leave religion, politics, etc out of the joke thread and off the forum. It was good for a few weeks, but the same material started to reappear. I also remember you posting a message on the forum threating to beat up another forum member! I deleted it, and explained why in a PM to you, and decided against disabling your membership.

Since blocking the joke thread I had a PM from Bruce, and I was thinking of reopening the joke thread with another warning about what could be posted, but this post of yours has killed any chance of that.

The advertising on this forum pays its way. The advertisers have rules. I need to stick by them. Why cant people understant that?

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:00am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn,
As Bruce has spoken and that man MUST be adhered to could you re-open that joke thread and use your hammer as needed to clean up the joke thread then re-apply the rules.

From what I read in that last thread was we really did lose free speech but as you have stated the guidelines did go out the window then can you just delete this thread and get the joke thread going again.

Once again as Bruce has spoken I was out of line........

windlight
Guru

Posted: 08:07am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn, I have tried to only read posts after early morning mass and post just before evening mass, ops went outside the guidelines (religious content), I actually would find it hard to post a joke within those guidelines, we must be grateful for your advertisers tolerance.

I think Bryan must have run out of VB (ops another blaspheme), anyway I, don't know about the rest of the rabble, but I will try to keep posts to subject.

I must not post about life up here

Allan of a place I should not mention
"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:21am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

windlight said  

I think Bryan must have run out of VB (ops another blaspheme)

AHEM, No VB here and it has been for close to a decade only pale ale, home brew apple cider and of course my homebrew lager....

With your accusations Allan sheesh blaspheme man the only thing VB is good for these days is coolant for your car at a stretch.

As far as 'I must not post about life up here' lets see what FRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGLE has to say about that......

Whats the bet just about everything will be outcast as we can't offend who ??????

Cheers Bryan

windlight
Guru

Posted: 08:29am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bryan, VB in the radiator, Noooooooooooooo how could you subject fine machinery to such torture, it's like cleaning penny's with XXXX.

Go outside and eat some crows.

Allan of .................................
"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:40am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

windlight said   Bryan, VB in the radiator, Noooooooooooooo how could you subject fine machinery to such torture, it's like cleaning penny's with XXXX.

Go outside and eat some crows.

Well tell me what VB is good for then if one can't use it as coolant in a bind....

By the way whats on the menu here is 2 lambo's when they fatten up and before xmas a pig. Now I am thinking we do have a pesky magpie here I might have to catch it then send it upto you for an xmas pressie... it will give Bandit a run for for his money and eh feed it well and one could train to pinch the Ice Woman's daily tradings....

Cheers Byran as gleen types itEdited by Bryan1 2011-12-12

windlight
Guru

Posted: 08:47am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bryan I can not say here what Vb is good for, perhaps I could hint as to what culture, lets say pre colonial days

Allan

norcold

Guru

Posted: 08:49am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You fellows are wasting good? alcohol. I`ll drink any bloody thing even bloody VB and that`s my religion.
We come from the land downunder.
Vic

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:53am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

norcold said   You fellows are wasting good? alcohol.

Since when was VB considered good alcohol ???????????

windlight
Guru

Posted: 08:55am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Vic it's alright we understand what happens to FNQ people when the wet sets in.

Allan even further north

norcold

Guru

Posted: 09:00am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

xxxx,VB etc etc it`s me bloody religion.
Ahem
We come from the land downunder.
Vic

windlight
Guru

Posted: 09:06am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I will pray for your sole Vic, well at the next Mass, until then I will pray for your sole to the scotch glass, my religion.

Oh did I say blondie woke me from y poppie nap at 1730 hrs to ask how to start the generator, she had run the batteries down to 85% and the sun was still shining, for some there is no hope

Allan of .............Edited by windlight 2011-12-12

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 09:12am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All

Coke is better for cleaning a radiator but flush well after use otherwise it will dissolve the alloy head. You can even add Bundy R (unmentionable) and enjoy the event but don't drive the car as the Coke and BR tend to incapacitate the driver.

VB or foreX isn't in the hunt.

All the best

Bob

Foolin Around

windlight
Guru

Posted: 09:31am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You know the down side of all this is I believed Glenn provided this forum for us out of the goodness of his heart, I had him as a jolly good chappie, now we learn that it is driven by advertisers, I am shattered and may never recover.

Allan

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 10:20am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Allan

Money and the need to survive in this commercial world is often the overriding factor in decisions we all have to make, Glenn is between a rock and a pack of Jokers and the rock of reality must win all the time, as Glenn said he has a lot invested in this Forum both money and mainly time and in reality it has a dual purpose, to keep him busy so he doesn't get into trouble and to make him a small return on investment while promoting his hobbies and those of like minded members, so score Glenn (1 )and us the crazy Jokers who try to make light of this miserable existence ( 0)

A couple of 4x or B&C and you will be on the mend.

Remember what my Dad used to say, ( If we can't laugh at ourselves, someone else is always ready to do it for us).

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

windlight
Guru

Posted: 10:33am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yea Bob not to criticize Glenn in any way, it's hard when one looses an old friend.

allan

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:33am 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good on ya Allan.

When you become a member of this forum, most of the advertising is removed when you log in, just a couple of ads remain, and some of those are for fellow forum members like Trev, Phill, etc. I've set up pages for those members to sell their stuff, for free. Didn't charge them a cent. I make a little from putting ads on their pages, about 10 cents per day last time I looked, all, combined. I dont ask for any money from members, or dontations. I keep the forum spam free and online as best I can, even getting up at 2am to put the forum into maintance mode if there is a storm in the area. Why? Because I feel bad when a member types a long post only to have it dissapear if the server goes off line.

Some pages, like the last article ever written by the late Gill, have no advertising at all, through respect.

Quite frankly, I put a lot of time into this site and forum, and when I work it out, would make about $5 an hour. I not supposed to discuss figures, but today I made enough money, through the entire backshed.com site, to buy a Big Mac with large fries, coke and ice cream. Sometimes a little more, a pizza, or a little less. A few years ago the earnings were much better, about $30 per day, but Google has changed and publishers earn much less now, less than half. But its enough to pay for the hosting and make it worth while to put up with all the crap, most of the time.

All I ask is members understand I need to stick by the rules for advertising. If I owned a corner shop and a patron starting yelling out sexist religious jokes, while the place was full of old ladies and catholic priests, I would ask the patron to stop. Would that be fair, or against his right to free speech?

I'm over this.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Rastus

Guru

Posted: 12:54pm 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi to all,
Humour is one of the rare endeavors that can exercise the heart.It's a bit warped though when we delight at someone elses exspense.We've all seen Glenn post some humourous comments from time to time,which makes him as normal as the rest of us!Surely it can't be that hard to have a decent,innocent laugh along the way.If we act our age and use some discretion,we will continue to enjoy this great forum and the advertisers(not the enemy)will be satisfied they are sponsering a worthwhile site.Cheers Rastus
see Rastus graduate advise generously

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 01:36pm 11 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Rastus,

Thats the key word, discretion. Its a public place, so discretion is needed. I'll reopen the joke thread, but I would appreciate it if anyone unsure on what is safe to post or not reads this thread forum guidlines.. I'll also be watching the posts more closely and delete anything I feel is not appropriate.

Glenn
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024