Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 12:58 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Root canal experiences-familiar?

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:49pm 15 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

George Bernhard Shaw once said: "Every profession is a conspiracy against the laity".

Root canal I: First op drill out one canal, then fill, then the filling fell out after flossing, second visit dentist said the tooth is cracked and it has to be extracted, which he did. Why work on the tooth in the first place? A crack must be visible from the outside?

Root canal II: First op found one bad nerve, pulled it out and filled and found second nerve is OK. Second op was a check up via drilling and filling. Major pain thereafter cured with anti-inflammatory (Neprosine?). Third op drilled out second nerve and said tooth is cracked. Question: Why work on the tooth in the first place? Drilled and filled again. I hope it will be OK now.

Root canal III: Tell dentist one particular molar starts pulsing away during fever. X-ray shows a faint dark spot near nerve. Filling is taken out and as last bit near nerve is broken off the nerve starts bleeding. Filled up again after antibiotics inserted. I hope a bleeding nerve later on does not need a root canal, which unsuccessful needs an extraction as it is the last molar on the RH side and would then need an implant, costa mucho dinero, $6000??

Some teeth start pulsing with the heart beat during fever, so I should have asserted myself and stopped the dentist from drilling there I suspect.

Google tells me root canal ops are successful between 90% to 65%.

Any more tales of woe from the wrinklies amongst the forum?
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:57pm 15 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I hate going to the dentist. No fillings, but had 3 wisdom teeth pulled over about 10 years, all in the chair. Apparently I have long roots, so its never easy. First one, bottom left, took an hour, had to come out in pieces, took a couple of weeks to heal. 2nd one, bottom right, took an hour too, same deal, and I ended up with some nerve damage, when I drink hot liquids now is feel like its dribbling down my chin, a short circuited nerve somewhere. Last one was top left, 6 months ago, it came out easily, but left a hole into my nazal cavity, weird feeling, took a day to close and I had to be very careful when I ate or drank for a few weeks. Very little pain that night, couple of Panadol is all I needed. I suspect something is not right though, I get funny tastes in my mouth, but cant afford to go back just yet.

Cant offer any advise on root canal work.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 11:57pm 15 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dom

I had experiences like yourself and ended up taking the dentist to court to get the money refunded, I now have to wait 6 months for the public system, and find it better as it is populated with cute little Chinese dentists that actually know what they are doing and can do the job without you feeling you have done a bout on the wrestling show.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Barry T Coles

Posted: 03:11am 16 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

domwild said   costa mucho dinero, $6000??

Hi Dom

I had much the same experience; I have a condition called Clusterheadaches & part of the pain centres around the gum & teeth on one side of the head, before I was diognised properly I thought the root (NO PUN INTENDED)to my problems was the teeth so left hand wisdoms bottom & top sent off to the tooth fairy, still pain so top molar sent of as well, need some teeth for chewing the steak (I did try getting the dog to pre chew it for me but she has a tendancy to swollow food) so a set of top & bottom Titanium chompers that I still cant wear & that magical $6000 figure later I still get my head pain.

Havnt been to a dentist now in 13 years, & the teeth are fine.

Back to my tin of baby food

Cheers
Barry
I need to learn from the mistakes of others.
I dont have the time to make them all myself.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 08:53pm 16 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bottle of Bundy Rum and 1 ltr of coke = $36 dollars at Dan Murphy's.

Best dentist I know..

Bruce
Bushboy

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 01:53am 17 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce

You are a genius why didnt I think of that, much better than clove oil and Panadol.

Bob
Foolin Around

domwild
Guru

Posted: 11:18pm 18 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce,

Can I get that Bundy Rum medicine refunded thru Muddlebank (PBS) or not as a pensioner?

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 12:18am 19 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dom

You can get the ingredients at the local bottleshop easier as if you count tour time filling out forms and waiting in line and the frustration of dealing with some foreign worker in Medibank.

Just a tip from personal experience as it was "Far" cheaper to buy the dooings than pay the parking fine incurred while waiting for the system.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 12:34am 19 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What about the side effects?

I could handle the "bulletproof" thing I suppose. What happens if you end up "ten foot tall" as well?

Hmmm! risky stuff
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024