Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:30 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Lets Let Sparkie back in

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 04:47am 17 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi guy's,
After just reading one thread where Sparkie has supplied info for a member via another member and as he is read only how about we let the guy back in BUT with a post count per day and the understanding his posts must be done in an informative manner and not the gibberish he usually does.

I am sure some members will talk with Sparkie in private and teach him (if possible) and the guy is at the forefront of the MM/DM.

All I can ask is a head count for my proposal either for or against then we can go from there.

Regards Bryan

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 07:31am 17 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No Objection
Foolin Around

curiosity

Posted: 08:33am 17 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No Objection

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:21am 17 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Disabling a member is not done for any one reason. The decision is made after the offending member has broken forum rules on more than one occasion, I've had complaints from more than one other forum member, and I've discussed it with other members. Its not a decision taken lightly. I have removed the last offending post made by Sparkey, it was offensive and threatening to the forum and other forum members. Those who saw the post will understand my decision.

I have emailed Sparkey and explained my decision to him. I understand from time to time Sparkey doesn't have full control over what he posts. Yes I agree Sparkey has contributed some good idea's and humor to the forum. I'm glad he is a member of the DM forum so has a place to share his idea's.

I did try the daily post limit on another member once before, but I copped a lot of flack for that and in the end it didn't work. So at THIS TIME, I wont be re-enabling any memberships.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024