Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:22 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Link to projects index page

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 02:50am 24 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After seeing some of the questions that have appeared on the forum in the last 6 months, from newish members. It has occurred to me that some members may have completely missed the projects index page on the website. I think this is a pity, as there is a lot of great stuff in there to give our members a good grounding in all things backshed related.

Is it possible to have a link close to the backshed logo link to jump straight there instead of the current 3 hops?

just a thought yahoo
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Racingken

Posted: 05:44pm 24 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thankyou very much, Yahoo2!!! This will come in very handy!

Ken
Racingken

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 08:39pm 24 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good Idea,

Bob
Foolin Around

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 10:36pm 24 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Guy's,
I will second the motion and put a suggestion forward, currently with the MM/DM and other micro forum projects do get lost in history so a new PROJECT forum where only projects are listed could provide a whole new format for this forum. That link to Gizmo's project page could be put in as a sticky and each new profect could be like a blog of the build and provide a great resource in the future for easy to find uC projects and even non uC related projects.

Rather than new projects forum getting cluttered with non related topics new guildlines can be written to keep it clean.

Well what do ya reckon guy's.....

Regards Bryan

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 11:14pm 24 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bryan

There is a wealth of information in some of the older posts that is getting harder to find even when you know what you are looking for, so some form of easy find system for the new members would be an advantage, The search engine is good but only if you know exactly what the title of the post was.

All the best

Bob
Foolin Around

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:09am 25 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Guys

Yeah I've never been happy with the site navigation. The web site is old and has seen a lot of changes in subject matter and size. Clicking on the "The Back Shed" graphic at the top of the page will take you to the web sites root directory, but navigation to and from there is not obvious.

Its also true the old but informative posts get lost in time, and although Google has a good index of this site and forum, a search wont always find what you are looking for. I have been thinking of a Diary section, like Bryans blog suggestion, where a member can start a post about a project they are working on, and add to that post as their projects progress. I need to think about how it would work, to stop it becoming cluttered. Maybe only one diary per member?

The web site is mostly my own projects, and they have been very thing the last few years while I'm move house, but once I get settled in a few months there should be a avalanche of new articles.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024