Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:53 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Where is "What I am up to"?

domwild
Guru

Posted: 07:36am 29 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn,

I am sure you have justified it to the Forum, why the interesting collection of your projects has disappeared and I must have missed that mail. There was also a Trev (?) section I remember.

I was interested in how YOUR build of the "Fieldlines" or "Otherpower" style of PM mills was progressing. I realise your shift to greener pastures has left you short of time (and money) to pursue your many projects and there is also a "she who must be obeyed", I know, I am married too.

We hope your are still enjoying a Merry Christmas period and the New Year is a prosperous for you and your family!

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:54pm 29 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dom

Well I havn't really been up to much at all. Due to my situation ( selling home, living in rental accomodation, finding a new home ), I havn't been able to complete a project for some time. There are a few half finished projects, like the axial flux alternators, but until I get set up on my new block of land, I wont be able to finish or test anything.

I removed those sections of the forum because I had nothing of interest to share. Also, other members wanted to have their own "What am I up to" section, and it would have gotten very messy.

I am looking into a way for select members to have a Blog or Diary type of area where they can post updates on their own projects. Plus once I get established in my new home in a few months, my own projects will be thick and fast.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

windlight
Guru

Posted: 09:26am 30 Dec 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ops yet more conflict, I personally have gone away from wind (sold the farm and there is no wind here unless there is a cyclone for my position)and more to solar, looking and waiting for the season to evolve as to the viability of hydro.

So personally it may be 12 months before I could report any earth shattering project, until then it is a bit mundane, spread between here and Fieldlines, sorry that is how it is.

Allan of the jungle

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:42am 06 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks.

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024