Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:02 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Fieldlines down?

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:56pm 01 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Does anyone know if/why the Fieldlines (www.fieldlines.com ) site is down? I usually drop in for a read once or twice a day and it seams to be down for a over a day now.

If there is a technical reason I can post a message here if that would help.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

windlight
Guru

Posted: 11:15pm 01 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Working for me although very slow but all the ankle biters are on holidays and it's a pubic holiday.

Allan

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:49pm 01 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looking further into it. I'm using Telstra's DNS servers on my ADSL, and its DNS servers report it cant find fieldlines.com, but if I type in the fieldlines IP address http://69.175.14.182/board/ it comes up. Sounds like a DNS problem.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

mac46

Guru

Posted: 12:24am 02 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Working all day so far Glenn, I have'nt noticed even a slow down.

Mac46
I'm just a farmer

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 03:08am 02 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks to be back up for me now too. Maybe some DNS issue thats cleared up.

Glenn
JAQ

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 04:20am 02 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have wondered if it is a latency issue with the Telstra DNS servers. I have massive problems with the QLD Telstra DNS on the Next G data service from country South Australia, QLD primary is the default backup (secondary)server here. Switching to Perth fixes things. Could be worth a few pings to check it out.

yahoo
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:39pm 02 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have not been able to get into fieldlines for a couple weeks now.

But ,no matter , i go to "aussiere" , would luv to have lots of you guys over for a chat ,,we won't bite. and we have a laugh and discuss the world problems.. Never fix any ,but..
lol.

Bruce
Bushboy

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 10:47pm 06 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I may have stumbled on a "backdoor" to the fieldlines site. My bookmarks folders are a bit messy and i usually use the first link I come across which is a old post about electronbaby's tower and have no problems getting in, I have tried the front pages and got stopped.

I cant believe i did this
this is probably not the best option as it has lots of photos

wind

posting guidlines

try these and see how you all get on.

regards Yahoo
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

frackers

Posted: 10:30pm 11 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like the DNS problems have gone away (they have here anyway!!) but the forum software has been deleted from the server (or a backup is in place). fieldlines.com just redirects to otherpower.com for me now :(

Robin down under - or are you up over

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 10:38pm 11 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Its been coming and going for me, 50/50. When I visit the page I get an instant "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", meaning a valid record for it wasnt found on the default DNS server, Telstra.

Sounds like they are having problems, a shame, but how much support can you give?

Some of the fieldlines members have set up their own forum at http://www.anotherpower.com/forum/.

Glenn
JAQ

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 06:49am 12 Jan 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yep, I'm on that new Forum Glenn..

It's easy to use and an added feature is a one click entry into both the irc chat and Aussiere chat .. I and a few others are on there most mornings at around 6-8 am aedt..

hope to see some of you there ,,,

Bruce
Bushboy

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024