Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:46 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : ACMA fines you for emissions

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:49pm 07 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

Some years ago I read in the papers, that ACMA (federal agency) has big fines for anyone who pollutes the airwaves with electromagnetic interference and the talk was there more in relation to networks, PCs, etc.

I live next to a quarry with a transformer, which causes a lot of interference on the old analogue TV with snow and now pixellations and sound drop-outs with digital. The local state electricity co. sent out a consultant with a parabolic dish and he confirmed the source to be the transformer. The co. refused to confirm the source in writing as the quarry is denying responsibility.

It turns out that private company transformers are not covered legally with automatic fines for pollution, which is very interesting. I have to ask the quarry politely to send out a contractor to wash the insulators as dust+humidity causes arcing over.

As a suffering taxpayer I am paying for federal and state agencies and all three levels of government maximise their authority and minimise their responsibility.

Makes ya puke! More about that duplication in my next subject.
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:31pm 07 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Quote  It turns out that private company transformers are not covered legally with automatic fines for pollution, which is very interesting. I have to ask the quarry politely to send out a contractor to wash the insulators as dust+humidity causes arcing over.

They only said that because its not their problem. I dont think it matters if its private or government, excessive electrical interference is treated as polution and should be jumped on by the local authorities. You may need to find the government department that deals with this sort of problem, there will be one, electrical interference is a serious issue.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

domwild
Guru

Posted: 11:26pm 08 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Glenn.
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024