Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:30 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Dealing with insurance co.

domwild
Guru

Posted: 11:51pm 09 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just in case you are not a pensioner with more time on hand like myself, you may be tempted to pay any bill as you just can't be bothered wasting your time on the phone, besides, you are at work and the boss does not like private calls anyway.

Received a bill from Apia for my car; bill had gone up by $70 from last year, justification: Older cars have parts problems, so when I told him the parts come from wreckers anyway, he did not want to listen, but in the end he contacted the manager and there was a reduction.

Contacted SGIO and the operator had the cheek to quote nearly double the price for the same car. He then sucked back and offered to drop 10% off the competitor's quote, which has to be in writing and I doubt if I can get the verbal quote in writing.

As I only have the larger bill in writing and 10% off that one is not good enough I will stick with Apia, but this is not a recommendation for them!

Lesson learned: Insurance companies will try it on and a "Fool and his money are easily parted!"
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

muddy0409

Posted: 07:06am 10 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

APIA's car insurance is actually done by AAMI, so AAMI appears to be the problem here.
Don't poo poo conspiracy theories.
Remember that everything ever discovered started somewhere as a theory.

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:44pm 10 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

SGIO is the cheeky one here quoting nearly double the APIAs quote hoping one accepts, but you are right, APIA are also nasty upping last year's quote by too much hoping one blindly pays.
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024