Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:15 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : New Zealand Introduces $50,000 Fine For D

isaiah

Guru

Posted: 10:38am 11 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://members.beforeitsnews.com/

New Zealand Introduces $50,000 Fine For Drinking Camomile Tea
Fri 10 Feb 2012 10:20

From Zheng Yong -

You’ll want to oppose the Natural Health Products Bill .... It is outrageous – and, luckily, very easy to read.

Let’s try to bring it down.

What’s wrong with the NHP Bill itself?

It makes it illegal without a licence to prepare, share or administer anything (that isn’t presented as “food”) that’s made from plants, vitamins, minerals or anything else natural and may have any of the following material health benefits:-

The maintenance or promotion of health or wellness; nutritional support; vitamin or mineral supplementation; affecting or maintaining the structure or function of the body; effective treatment of any self-diagnosed or self-managed condition.

Now, go back and read that again!

You’ll be liable for a $50,000 fine for doing any of the above, even for yourself. No more home-grown camomile tea to make you sleep better. No more practising of traditional Maori medicine without a government ticket, which can be denied or revoked. No more home-made manuka oil to put on your cuts. No more using your granny’s remedies from the herb garden. None of this without permission, fees and rules, or you face massive fines and possibly jail. Sound familiar?

Now, you may not actually do these things. But you may wish to retain the right to do so. You may also wish to use any of these products or services in future. But under the NHP Bill they will be more expensive and much harder to find, because most practitioners / producers will be regulated and compliance-costed out of existence.

Don’t take our word for all this. Read the bill. It’s very easy to read, unlike the Food Bill, and easy to see the intent. It is the same intent as the Food Bill. The government wishes to own what goes into you (and thus own you). They say it is all for your safety, of course. Do you still believe that?

Take note: The Natural Health Products Bill was, like the Food Bill, passed at a first reading UNAMINOUSLY. EVERY MP voted for it. And the bill itself was a proud product of cooperation between the Green Party and National.

Are you getting wise to the Green Party yet? And are you getting wise to Parliament itself?

The NHP bill is here: www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2011/0324/latest/who le.html.

In reading the NHP Bill, pay close attention to sections 5 (definitions), 6 (what is a natural health product), 20 and 21 (powers of the new health police) 28, 29 and 30 (requirements for licensing) 37 and 38 (penalties), 45 (delegation of powers to corporations), 47 (regulations applying to licensed practitioners – these will be CODEX regulations) and LAST BUT VERY IMPORTANT the Schedule of “Suitable classes of substances”… this is basically everything you ingest that is not food (which is already covered by the Food Bill) – so plants, extracts thereof, minerals, vitamins, amino acids etc that are taken to promote wellbeing. The stuff that, along with food itself, is essential for your life.

Read the whole article.
The Tap Blog is a collective of like-minded researchers and writers who've joined forces to distribute information and voice opinions avoided by the world's media.

Read more at The Tap Blog
Related Stories
URL=http://www.motherearthnews.com/Renewable-Energy/1973-11- 01/The-Plowboy-Interview.aspx>The Plowboy Interview[/URL>

Rastus

Guru

Posted: 04:36pm 11 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Isaiah,
I live across the pond and do drink camomile tea before retiring at night.It shows how intrusive big brother intends to be!Sure, some of grandma's recipies might rot your socks of,but I think a home brew kit is required for that.Maybe we'll see the return of the duke boys and boss hog!!!Cheers Rastus
see Rastus graduate advise generously

norcold

Guru

Posted: 09:17pm 11 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The world is being ruled by a group of pretend greens, the people who practice a little green, like those in this 4m well we are not pretend green. In fact the term green I wore proudly once, but its been bent now, so I apologise if I`ve insulted any 4M members with this statement.
Let us hope we get wise to the green party before they wreck human life on this world.
We come from the land downunder.
Vic

VK4AYQ
Guru

Posted: 09:34am 12 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Vic

The green party is now just another political group to be despised because they support the so called green decisions of the ruling party, they have become a puppet in the hands of the ruling power and therefore the commercial interests that rule the party.

The real greens are the people that use their brains to better the environment and create alternate pollution reduced lifestyles without sacrificing a reasonable living standard.

The use of technology for the benefit of humanity tempered with common sense in aims and actions rules out politicians as they are there to guarantee the ongoing commercial rape of the country.

GREEN ADVOCATE

UNCOMFORTABLE PARTNERSHIP

All the best

Bob

Foolin Around

electrondady1

Posted: 03:19pm 12 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

with a great deal of difficulty my country was able to finally elect one green party member of parliament.
you see here in Canada the oil industry has taken control of things and our leader has his head stuck so far up their tail pipe he can't see anything except tar sands $$$.$$

I'm just guessing but it may be the pharmaceutical industry behind the legislation you have described ,
it is alarming that the bill was passed unanimously
has there been some sort of scandal involving natural medicine recently ?

Edited by electrondady1 2012-02-14

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024