Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:18 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : The rules for Shop Talk

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:04am 18 Feb 2012
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The Shop Talk section is meant to be fun light reading, on topics not covered by the other sections of the forum. It is not a place to vent. Many other forums have decided to not include a open discussion area like this, and for good reason. Remembering this is a web site about project building, tilted towards renewable energy and electronics, I want to place some rules on this section of the forum.

Basically, I dont want anything controversal posted here. Controversal means religion, politics, conspiracy theories, global warming, new or unfair taxes or rebates, racism, gun control, sexist, bad ebay dealings, bad local/state/country government dealings, unfair laws.

Any of these topics will divide the forum into two groups, those who agree and those who dont. When enough topics are posted, the whole member group is divided. Some members feel its their right to post thier views on a controversal topic, others will respond because they compassionately dissagree, others just to start an argument ( see: trolls ), and many will just shake their heads and not bother reading.

We dont need that here.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024