Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:00 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Cost of blades

burgo

Posted: 08:10am 14 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have been watching with interest on the net and various other formats and assesing the cost of windmill blades, now it all depends on what you want,how good you want it to look and how much to have them delivered, especially if they come from overseas. There are american, chinese,uk,korean and ozzie ones available. I personally imported 3 blades and hub from the US last year at a cost of $297 AU waited 6 weeks and Aust Post had to go looking for them, when i finnally got them they simply did not work, so i thought about how most of us recycle different things into windmill blades and after using plastic, wood, steel and alloy i think i have finally found the answer for me, ex submarine fibreglass battery boxes, i get 10 blades from a box and a box only costs $50. Maybe all the hype over specialty type blades at horrendous prices it a bit of a scam too, i am not saying all but you have to watch what you buy there are a lot of liars out there.
Burgo

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024