Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:12 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : See! This is why I dont do Christmas.

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 08:34am 25 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I dont like Christmas. Its hot, the traffic is bad, and something always goes wrong.

This year sticks with the tradition.

I woke up to pouring rain. Several inches over night, and its not looking like it will let up. Now when it rains like this, I cant get up my driveway, so if I'm at home its best to stay there and not venture out. As I have no family near, I usually visit friends for the Christmas lunch thing. But unfortunately I had to phone them to let them know I wont be visiting today, its just too risky with the driveway and this rain. Bummer.
Then I went outside for a coffee and to say hi to the budgie. Couldnt see the budgie! Had a closer look, nup, not there. Hang on, whats that on the bottom of the cage. Oh joy, Santa decided to swap my pet budgie for a fat snake!

Sorry Santa, but I would really have prefered to keep the budgie, this snake has a big fat tummy and just wants to sleep.

A bit later the rain really set in and I looked out the back to see a waterfall coming down the embankment. I went out to make sure the drains were clear, and as I stood there watching, there was a landslide in front of me. The next 4 hours were spend climbing over the hill digging trenches to divert water away from the back of my house. I'll have to hire in a dingo to clear out the land slide once the rain goes. There is about 3 trailer loads of mud and vegetation to move.

So no, I'm not a fan of Christmas. The days not over yet too, I better just sit in the corner until midnight.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Highlander

Posted: 07:31pm 25 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Glenn,
I couldn't agree more, I spent the day at my sisters and her kids all teased me about my receeding hair and my beer guts, then I was a retard as I couldn't play nintendo wii.

I nearly stepped on a snake last week, mr 12 gauge took care of him.
Central Victorian highlands

vasi

Guru

Posted: 07:35pm 25 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn, we have same problems in our village when rain start to fall. You decided to move that hill but the picture looks very nice.

What is a budgie? I like performing pigeons . What kind of snake is that? If that is a non venomous one, they can defend your property against venomous ones.

Nelly is in good shape even if is raining . Why she don't defended your budgie?
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:03pm 25 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A budgie is one of these...

A small native parrot.

I took another photo of the snake last night, its gone this morning but I dont know how, there are no gaps in the cage big enough to fit that buldge through. The snake is a common python, or carpet snake. Harmless, this one is only a baby, I caught one a couple of years ago with a head the size of my fist, it was big enough to eat my cat so I relocated it...

It looks like the work I did to divert the water has paid off, no more flooding or landslides in the back yard, but I'll go for a walk later in the rain to make sure its all working.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

vasi

Guru

Posted: 12:50am 26 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

He he, I like perush. All free(wild) budgies are all green. I had a pair for a short time (one green and one blue, I think ...). I bought them as a gift for a girlfriend ...

Very nice python. So, you have also a cat ... she can hunt little snakes. But not good solution for defending a perush . Not from inside.

I must make trenches with rocks to last more.
Beyound Arduino Lang

vasi

Guru

Posted: 12:58am 26 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn look for signs of vomiting? When a snake is in danger he can trow up and go away. I know this from Steve Irvin.
Beyound Arduino Lang

domwild
Guru

Posted: 08:21am 11 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Glenn,

If it keeps on raining a few more days, then you will be able to catch fish in your mouse traps!

What we need here in Perth is a bit more rain, I do not like 44 deg. heat!

Greetings,

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

vasi

Guru

Posted: 08:27am 11 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow domwild!

You can exchange with my place . You can get "cold" for free... just go outside, in rain.
Beyound Arduino Lang

RPG222HARGILL

Posted: 04:04pm 29 Mar 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hello hello ...this ron g from southtxhillbilly
have seen some snakes in my travels they taste good..
this a little test of my new computer will be gonin' off grid soon Looking For help and info on all this Solor and wind power stuff ... have used Inverters for Some time only one and Some times two Batterys have only 50 watts Solor so far. .?? . have been working with Car washes have Lotts of 3 phase Motor can they Be used for Gen or Alt if you ? install new Rotor with magnet's? would Like to make a slow go in' Barrel with Drive Alxewind mill Live in the Fields Lots of space and wind / sun. ---- no water though been 5 months since seen a butt load ok for Now will ck Back
a little byte of texas here

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024