Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:51 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Off topic archive. : Selective Vision

Magooly

Posted: 12:38am 28 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, are some people blind to certain facts or they just plain stupid? I was driving down the New England Hwy the other day, as I going through Scone I spotted this sign.

What an idiot, not 10 minuets down the road is the worst blight on the landscape that I have ever seen, this open cut coal mining, from the road, looks to cover several thousand acres. How wrong can I be, when I got home I checked with Google Earth, all the light coloured paches are open cut coal mines, my estimate is 250 sq Kilometers.
Edited by Magooly 2008-01-29

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:10am 28 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yeah I dont understand this sort of thinking. I, like most people who would read these forums, think wind farms are the coolest looking things and would love to have one in their back yard. I visited Ravenshoe a couple of years ago and the windfarm up there is loved by the locals, even thougn there were a few objections before construction was started.

I think this sort of thinking comes from very small minded people, who dont get the big picture. The view from their front gate is as far as they can see. They are not overy bright or worldly, and only care about their own backyard.

Its frustrating, I know. You want to shake them and say "Look at this, have you considered that, and what about them". But they wont listen. They cant understand someone elses point of view. All you can do is ignore them, or they will just depress you.

Maybe someone should paint over the sign with "Save our future, ignore the idiots"

GlennEdited by Gizmo 2008-01-29
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

petanque don

Posted: 11:33pm 28 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Perhaps he works in a coal mine or has shares in coal fired power stations.

It seems that there are a lot of people who have vested interests and good spin doctors are out to push their own agenda rather than allow informed and unimpeded debate on an issue.

I suppose one of the joys of freedom of speech is that even the ignorant, stupid and insane get to speak.

How much people should listen to them is a different issue.

petanque don

Posted: 11:38pm 28 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

On reflection

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5541543

the other towers in the photo seem to be more obvious.

Is a photo of starfish hill south of Adelaide.

I will suggest that phone towers are a lot more common and a lot uglier perhaps the environmentalists should ban mobile phones.

This may even save some electricity as well.
Edited by petanque don 2008-01-30

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024