Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:45 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : electronics

Guests

Posted: 12:30am 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've got my garden path lights rigged up with led lights, 10a battery storage which should be way big enough.  What I cannot seem to find at any reasonable price is a photocell that works with 12v and minimum power requirements.  There are 12v out there but they are over $35.  These are all over capacity for my needs.  My lights draw 3watts.

thanks

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 05:10am 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ken

Yeah solar is expensive. 3 watts means that the lights draw 250mA from your battery at night, so you would need to put more than that back in during the day. To play it safe, I guess you would need a 10 watt panel to keep the battery well charged, you may get away with a 6 watt panel.

Glenn

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Chris

Posted: 11:38am 24 Feb 2006
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jaycar have a 12v panel thats 10 watts which is designed to charge your car batt while your away i think... Look it up.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024