Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:20 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Nano control board came in today

Page 5 of 5    
BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 08:39pm 10 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

4 inverters in 4 days

I have been so lucky I blew the first one up and from that day on I made sure I knew exactly what all you guys were saying before I plugged anymore in

I have a very good track record because that taught me a lesson to pay very close attention to what all you guys say

Thank you for explaining the bus bar thing a little deeper I just didn't quite understand it before

I like it when people jump in and talk about anything on my threads cuz I just like gabbing and reading and learning from you guys

I need to kind of watch that and not get other people's subject off track thanks for the friendly reminder

I've been watching yours and others projects come along so impressed with all of them

I haven't had time to do anything my Nanos are setting over there ready to be programmed no time to read up on it and do it

Thanks again Mark I appreciate it
Edited 2019-08-11 06:41 by BenandAmber
be warned i am good parrot but Dumber than a box of rocks

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 02:58am 12 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have been trying to figure out how to program the Nano

Kentfield dude has had so much patience with me and has been trying to help me for the last couple hours

I am just dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to this stuff

This guy is such a good dude

18 years old and absolutely brilliant

I've decided to wait till my 12 year old gets home from his grandparents so he can help me program the Nano

He has been working a little bit with my sister and learning how 2 write code

I have offered to give him everything that I own that has to do with that Electronics

if he would just show interest and build something
maybe this will be the step that sends him in that direction

He takes after my sister and I think he would be a lot less of a headache than me on here

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 04:13am 12 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Have a look here
And here
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

mason

Posted: 12:42am 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Mark, just wondering if you could take a close up pic of your step down converter, I ordered mine but they forgot to make them have a 15v output, so I thought I could just adjust it my self...

Thanks,

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:37am 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mark I've watched both of those and I'm going to find more of them to watch so I dont drive people crazy trying to walk me through this

I feel sorry for Kent he tried to help me for 2 hours and I'm just dumber than a box of rocks you probably thought he was dealing with preschooler

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 03:44am 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

tinyt
Guru

Posted: 01:29pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

mason said  Hi Mark, just wondering if you could take a close up pic of your step down converter, I ordered mine but they forgot to make them have a 15v output, so I thought I could just adjust it my self...

Thanks,

This might also help (Posted: 03:12pm 21 May 2018)
Edited 2019-08-13 23:41 by tinyt

mason

Posted: 02:02pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Ben for posting that, also thanks tinyt very helpful,

Ben, what kind of programming problems are you having?

renewableMark

Guru

Posted: 09:05pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ben I remember Madness helping me on the phone one day and I could sense the frustration in his voice.

The problem I had was "multiple versions of liquid crystal"
It wasn't possible to unload them from the library through the running arduino program as they were part of the initial install.
I had to go to local disc C, then prigram filesx86, then arduino, then libraries and remove/delete it that way.

So yeah, they can be fiddly and really make you feel like throwing the bloody thing against the wall.

I did that with a printer once...... felt a lot better after, (I did, not the printer).

If you keep having issues maybe get someone in the States to load it for you and send them on.

Be aware they need to be calibrated on a running inverter.
When doing this process it's a good idea to calibrate a few of them to have as spares.
Cheers Caveman Mark
Off grid eastern Melb

mason

Posted: 09:43pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

tinyt said  
  mason said  Hi Mark, just wondering if you could take a close up pic of your step down converter, I ordered mine but they forgot to make them have a 15v output, so I thought I could just adjust it my self...

Thanks,

This might also help (Posted: 03:12pm 21 May 2018)

Tinyt, changed R7 and R8 to 150k got the 15volts I need..

Thanks

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 09:57pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mark

It'll probably be a few months before I get a chance to load it

I'm going to study up in my spare time about how to use a nano and how to install the software on them

if I really had to I can probably have my sister do it for me she is incredible she has been building web pages and writing computer software for years

She is also an artist I will be having her design my wrap for the bus she works for the same company that owns Fatheads

These are a couple Doodles of hers
if anybody needed anything done I could probably talk her into doing it

It really comes down to I want to be able to do it myself

I don't want to drive everybody nuts every time I need to program one

I appreciate your help mark

mackoffgrid

Guru

Posted: 09:59pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

renewableMark said  Ben I remember Madness helping me on the phone one day and I could sense the frustration in his voice.

The problem I had was "multiple versions of liquid crystal"
It wasn't possible to unload them from the library through the running arduino program as they were part of the initial install.
I had to go to local disc C, then prigram filesx86, then arduino, then libraries and remove/delete it that way.

This is a pet hate of mine. Sharing libraries across different projects is recipe for problems.

I generally run the arduino IDEs in Portable Mode . This way I can isolate (compartmentalise) my various projects. It also means you can copy the whole folder onto a USB stick to send it to a victim, oops friend to try out your working code. You can compile, Upload from this USB stick without further installation.

Cheers
Andrew

BenandAmber
Guru

Posted: 11:27pm 13 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That makes really good sense Mack

I've got a lot to learn

If someone out of the goodness of their heart is willing to help you

then you should at least have a basic understanding

And I am lacking this basic understanding
When I get a little extra time

I'm going to try to study this the best I can

I got a hold of a big heat sink I would like to use a one of your boards whenever I get a chance to do it

I also want to make a warp speed inverter this winter probably

When I first got on here someone told me that I couldn't do it and it gave me the drive to get this far

I would recommend to anyone that's new to this kind of stuff to buy a pre-made board off eBay or AliExpress but this advice is worth nothing unless some of you great agree with it

I really don't know enough about things to be giving me any solo advice

There is something that I have found out about inverters

that is they will absolutely Amaze you if you use giant capacitors and follow directions of poida

That little inverter he walk me through is so awesome the transformer in it is stacked High instead wide also

I think there might be something to stacking them higher instead of wider
Edited 2019-08-14 09:31 by BenandAmber

Page 5 of 5    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024