Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:12 30 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Anemometer datalogger

Gill

Posted: 12:44pm 13 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well got it finished.
Here's a PicAXE project to log wind data with.
Like Glenn's projects, it's purpose is to inspire.

Because of file numbers and size I've zipped it all up into a little package (1.2Mb.)
2008-07-14_015116_Anemometer_Storage_Logger.zip

Now if that's too big, individual files are available on my web space here
If I do any upgrades, chances are I'll post them there.

Gee brian these PicAXE's are just soooooooo simple.
Edited by Gill 2008-07-15
was working fine... til the smoke got out.
Cheers Gill _Cairns, FNQ

domwild
Guru

Posted: 09:44am 14 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Great stuff! Another building block might be star/delta switching to add to yours and Glenn's effort.

Thanks.

Regards,

Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

oztules

Guru

Posted: 07:56am 15 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gill,
A very nice well thought out project. If I wanted a data logger, this one would fill the bill for me.

You have given enough info and detail to allow someone interested in picaxe's to pull the project to fruition.

Nice effort.

..........oztules
Village idiot...or... just another hack out of his depth

robbo

Posted: 12:28am 16 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like I am going to have to start this one. I bought a "wind station" from ebay at for $68, but found it lagging as it records data only every 48 seconds. This makes it quite difficult to get accurate measurements.
Looks like I have some work to do.

\Thanks Gill - Looks great too.

"the Earth was not given to us, by our fathers, rather, it is lent to us by our children".

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 11:35pm 19 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Gill

Well I finally had a chance to download and look at your logger, and I must say its a great project. Can I put it up on the main site on the projects page near the PicLog in the PicAxe section? It will have its own page with your words and photos, etc. There is a lot of good info there, including how to use ram chips with a PicAxe, something I've havn't done but would like to one day.
If so, do you have any photos or details on the anenometer you used, I take if from the circuit it was a hall sensor/magnet type.

Good work.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Gill

Posted: 05:34am 20 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Glenn,
I appreciate everyones positive comments.

Yes a good bit of learning involved to get it to come together. Still an enjoyable project and a basis for future projects. Perhaps logging all relevant mill/battery data maybe? (but not this year)

I'll have to dig up the construction photos of the anemometer head. This project has evolved from the Basic version 1.

Ver 1. logged direct to PC.
Ver 2. is the radio link(or wire) to PC.(my favourite)
Ver 3. died and is never spoken of.
Ver 4. is the radio link(or wire)with a local display.
Ver 5. is this on-board storage logging with local display.

If anyone wants details of the less ambitious earlier projects that use the smaller PicAXE 08M and Glenn's PicLog software, give me a shout.

If anyone can help with PC software that can handle the inrush of data and graph it &/or present it to MS Excel, make macro's or whatever I'd appreciate your software/assistance here.

I'll rustle up the missing head details for site presentation. Thanks again.Edited by Gill 2008-07-21
was working fine... til the smoke got out.
Cheers Gill _Cairns, FNQ

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024