Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:01 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Hysteresis/Time?

domwild
Guru

Posted: 10:50pm 10 Nov 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

For some reason the subject line with its 70 char. limit did not allow me to add "Hysteresis and Time Delay Differences"?

GEYA makes two different "Monitoring Voltage Relays" GRV8-01 and GRV8-02. The 01 relay has a hysteresis AND time delay setting, while the 02 one has only a time delay setting. As I am sufficiently ignorant, I believe both are the same?

All I know is that inverters will switch off the grid at 230VAC +10% and -6% or about 256V at the high end and it is well before that switch off that I will want my hot water element to be switched in, so I save a bit of money.

The inverter switching off/in may happen in rapid succession and these settings will stop the relay rapidly firing, but why have two settings?

An aside: How tolerant is my electrician going to be when it comes to installing that Chinese relay which I purchased and which may not meet AUS/NZ standards?
Taxation as a means of achieving prosperity is like a man standing inside a bucket trying to lift himself up.

Winston Churchill

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024