Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 04:56 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Picaxe programing in linix?

Robb

Posted: 11:36am 31 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Anyone here programing picaxes with linux or have I got to go back and brave the BSOD OS again

I think it time I had a play with them. Built something for someone a wile back with 6 chips and a good deal of time. I now suspect 1 picaxe would have done the same thing

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 12:21pm 31 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Robb

You might be in luck. I just had a quick look at the PicAxe fourms and there is some discussion of a Linux command line interface.

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/

I didn't look too deeply, let us know if you find anything.

Once you have your first PicAxe board up and running you wont look back.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

Robb

Posted: 12:49pm 31 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I havn't dug real deap over there yet. I note oztules and Vassi are fellow users and thought they may shed some light. The site also says they have something under development so thats promising.

I so enjoy life without virus scanners...

Will keep hunting.

Gill

Posted: 03:33am 01 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

G'day Robb,
I see they have released a compiler for Linux several weeks ago:
"
Beta test release - Windows and Linux

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Revolution Education are pleased to announce the release of the free PICAXE compilers for Windows, Linux and Mac. The compilers take a BASIC program (saved as a text file), compile it, and then download it into the PICAXE chip via either an AXE026 serial or an AXE027 USB cable.

We are currently at open beta testing stage and would like feedback on how the compilers operate, particularly on a variety of Linux distributions."

Hope that helps.
was working fine... til the smoke got out.
Cheers Gill _Cairns, FNQ

Robb

Posted: 01:07pm 02 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Now that looks very promising . Downloaded and awaiting chip.Edited by Robb 2008-08-03

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024