Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:41 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : 12V controller Board for Solar

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 04:29am 19 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Amateur Hour question again.....

Does anyone know of any little boards that I can hook up to a solar panel and can get a constant 12 -15 V out of?

Ideally I'd like something with the best input range possible as some panels I have are 26V and some are 50V. Something that will handle 5-10A would be good on the output.

Not looking for anything with a widely adjustable output, 12-15V would do, as long as it is constant and will handle solar panel voltages which everything I have seen so far will not. I'd like to use these for a power supply and to hook up to the mowers and Chippers etc to float charge them in the shed.

Tried a couple so far and they don't seem to handle the Voltage Difference well even when I make sure the loads are within spec.  

If anyone knows any good cheap china boards that work, I would be appreciative to hear of them.
Edited 2020-02-19 14:30 by Davo99

Solar Mike
Guru

Posted: 09:38am 19 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have used these before, seem to work OK.DC 8-60v

Cheers
Mike

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 10:54pm 19 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Mike,  I'll order one and give it a go. Looks like what I need.

I see alli seem to be scamming on delivery.  Looked at a couple of different boards there and while the size is the same, the postage charges are directly related to the unit cost.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 12:00am 22 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I got a couple of USB charging Boards the other day, work from 6-40V.
Hooked them up to a panel and they work well.  Full output current on the output side and bing on a 190w Panels they work from sun up to sun down.

Used that to charge one of those portable batteries and then plugged devises into that. Works quite well for 24 Hr Power.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024