Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 06:20 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : hantek dso5000p series scope - does anyone have one?

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 04:23pm 22 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi,
   just wondering if anyone on the forum has a hantek dso5000p series scope: 5072p, 5102p or 5202p?

a friend of mine asked me to look at one with a very blown switchmode PSU, and rather than try to fix the dodgy looking existing PSU, i suggested to him we consider converting it to battery operation, which he agreed may make the scope more useful. surprisingly, while these scopes are extremely common and incredibly cheap now, there seems to be absolutely zero info i could find online about doing a battery conversion.

to this end, i'm after finding out the approximate current draw on the various supply rails: +14v, -8v (analog), 5v, 3v3 (digital).

anyone with one of these, that they have opened up before? i'm only after getting very approximate values, and am hoping someone has the scope and a DC current clamp that they can use to quickly make some non-invasive measurements with.

cheers,
rob   :-)

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 01:01pm 25 Jun 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

no responses, here or on eevblog, so i set out to do the testing myself. i was able to get the scope up and running again (more-or-less) using an ATX power supply that delivered 3v3, 5v, +12v, -12v. half a dozen diodes in series with the -12v line dropped it down to -8v, while the +12v was sufficient for testing.

interestingly, the scope was pretty happy to run with just 3v3 and 5v connected, but analog stuff was non-functional without the +14v/-8v.

the current draws (measured with a DC current clamp) were as follows:
3v3: 100mA
5v:  2A
14v: 400mA
-8v: 200mA

ideally, operation should be possible from 9v up to 15v. to achieve this i'm planning on a buck regulator module (LM2596) to get the 5v, followed by a 3v3 3-terminal linear regulator (LM1117-3.3) for the 3v3. a boost regulator module (LM2577) will provide the 14v.

the -8v is a little more tricky, any suggestions? it may end up being a simple inverting charge-pump driven by a LM555 running off the 14v rail, although i'm not sure how clean this will be.

is this a project of interest to anyone?

cheers,
rob   :-)
Edited 2020-06-25 23:04 by robert.rozee

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024