Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:32 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : North America Hydro

mason

Posted: 10:51am 10 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Does anyone know if you bond neutral and ground in a inverter
When you have a split phase setup, I have two rbco breakers on the out put and everytime I hook something up to them they both trip..

mab1

Posted: 09:57pm 23 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Difficult to advise without knowing more.

If the RCBO's are the type with the functional earth leads then they probably will need a N-Ground bond at the inverter. If you're running this into circuits that are switched over from the grid, I think you need to be careful that the grid can never 'see' your inverters N-Gnd bond - at least that's a requirement here in the UK.

Another consideration is filtering/using the right type of RCBO - some of them are not designed to handle high frequency ripple which an inverter tends to produce.

mason

Posted: 11:26pm 23 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi mab1,
Thanks for the info, these rcbos are 240 volt models, I think I read somewhere you can't use these on a 120v line but not sure. I have also did some googling on this subject and they are saying yes bond it in the sub panel.
I think I will just put standard breakers in and call it a day.. lol.

Thanks again

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024